Greater Hartford Pro Am | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Greater Hartford Pro Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think I am the only guy not impressed by Bobby Moore. I always found him to be a major ballhog with terrible shot selection. Not my type of player at all.

Reaction Score
UConn's Elder Statesman Rodney Purvis Drops Big Points At Greater Hartford Pro Am

And then he dropped 37 points to help the Pauly Chute Slamm to a 136-96 victory over Harte Nissan. A couple of Pro Am takeaways: Purvis, who was at Chris Paul's camp in North Carolina, looks more under control, and Jalen Adams, who scored 43 points on Saturday night, is shooting the three-pointer with a lot of confidence.

Reaction Score
UConn's Elder Statesman Rodney Purvis Drops Big Points At Greater Hartford Pro Am

And then he dropped 37 points to help the Pauly Chute Slamm to a 136-96 victory over Harte Nissan. A couple of Pro Am takeaways: Purvis, who was at Chris Paul's camp in North Carolina, looks more under control, and Jalen Adams, who scored 43 points on Saturday night, is shooting the three-pointer with a lot of confidence.
I like the bit about Adam's shooting. If he takes a step forward this year with his mid range and three point shooting it will open up those drives to the hoops even more. He could be very dangerous. I could see him having a breakout year this year.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I can see Jalen having a breakout year in the realm of doubling his ppg from last year.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Game this afternoon was Purvis and company against Adams, AJ Price and Wiggins. Great game, Adams has indeed improved on finishing inside and Purvis had 50 + points . Adams around 40 +.

According to the schedule the Adams team will be playing tomorrow at 3PM and Purvis team at 5pm. It is air condition do bring a sweatshirt. At Sports Medical Science Academy.

For those interested in sponsorships, please email me at DJ1860@sbcglobal.net and I will give you name to contact.

Best

Mrs. Dribbles

Reaction Score
Game this afternoon was Purvis and company against Adams, AJ Price and Wiggins. Great game, Adams has indeed improved on finishing inside and Purvis had 50 + points . Adams around 40 +.

According to the schedule the Adams team will be playing tomorrow at 3PM and Purvis team at 5pm. It is air condition do bring a sweatshirt. At Sports Medical Science Academy.

For those interested in sponsorships, please email me at DJ1860@sbcglobal.net and I will give you name to contact.

Best

Mrs. Dribbles

I thought the last play of the game where Curtis Cobb (JA's friend and Fairfield DD scorer as a Frosh.) assisted Adams on a great dunk to end the game was fantastic. Purvis hit some tough constested shots. AJ is playing in China just 1 year removed from the NBA. Rachel Marcus who was at the game ESPN...had short interviews with JA and Purvis after the game. Her twitter account I think has them.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I like the bit about Adam's shooting. If he takes a step forward this year with his mid range and three point shooting it will open up those drives to the hoops even more. He could be very dangerous. I could see him having a breakout year this year.
I see him being potentially lethal in midrange/5 ft floater game.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Again great Article in the Hartford Courant today on GHPA. Peter Higgins is the man to contact regarding sponsorships and they do need them for the upcoming tournament week and playoff and Championships.

I will be at the games on Saturdays and Sunday. UCONN is in full force for 5pm game on Sat and 3pm and 5pm on Sunday.

Come out and enjoy some basketball, it is relaxing and fun.

Mrs. Dribbles

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Again great Article in the Hartford Courant today on GHPA. Peter Higgins is the man to contact regarding sponsorships and they do need them for the upcoming tournament week and playoff and Championships.

I will be at the games on Saturdays and Sunday. UCONN is in full force for 5pm game on Sat and 3pm and 5pm on Sunday.

Come out and enjoy some basketball, it is relaxing and fun.

Mrs. Dribbles
is this you?
Big Names, Loyal Fans Keep Pro-Am Coming Back

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Did Jalen play last night? I saw that AJ had a great night. Also saw interview on Fox 61 last night. Am going to game this evening 3pm for Purvis's team, and then Price and company game at 5pm. Of course games usually start at least an half hour later, but who cares It Is AIR CONDITION.

Hope to see other Boneyarders there today..

Mrs. Dribbles

Reaction Score
Did Jalen play last night? I saw that AJ had a great night. Also saw interview on Fox 61 last night. Am going to game this evening 3pm for Purvis's team, and then Price and company game at 5pm. Of course games usually start at least an half hour later, but who cares It Is AIR CONDITION.

Hope to see other Boneyarders there today..

Mrs. Dribbles

JA didn't play this weekend at all.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
no UConn players yesterday (Saturday)... 2 games today starting at 5pm. It's playoff time

the air conditioning wasn't bad Saturday, glad I didn't walk in with my hoodie!

Reaction Score
Danny Lawhorn? think that's his last name, he's good

Gary Forbes (Former A-10 POY/short NBA stints) and Chaz Williams (UMASS/D-Leauge) filled in for the injured Doug Herring Jr. (Baby Pierce). CambyLand looking to win their first title in 19 years. Game 1 of the best of 3 tonight. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday if necessary. It was fun watching Danny Lawhorn play with Donate Clark (16.9 ppg last year @ UMASS). The Williams vs Lawhorn match-up showcased the 2 best point guards that showed up at the Pro Am this year. It will be interesting to see if Anthony Jernigan can hang with Chaz if that is match-up tonight.

BC Sees Potential in Lawhorn | NERR - New England Recruiting Report

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Gary Forbes (Former A-10 POY/short NBA stints) and Chaz Williams (UMASS/D-Leauge) filled in for the injured Doug Herring Jr. (Baby Pierce). CambyLand looking to win their first title in 19 years. Game 1 of the best of 3 tonight. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday if necessary. It was fun watching Danny Lawhorn play with Donate Clark (16.9 ppg last year @ UMASS). The Williams vs Lawhorn match-up showcased the 2 best point guards that showed up at the Pro Am this year. It will be interesting to see if Anthony Jernigan can hang with Chaz if that is match-up tonight.

Herring was killing them til the injury

who is the TALL guy?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Danny Lawhorn quits the WSU basketball team

is he officially done with "college basketball"? whats the latest on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members