Greater Hartford Pro Am | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Greater Hartford Pro Am

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know the pro-am is a glorified layup line, but there is a certain relaxed energy to Adams' movements that you can't quite teach.

I see some parallels between the back court he and Gibbs will form and what Duke had last year with Tyus Jones and Quinn Cook. And that doesn't even mention Purvis...
You keep up these glowing analysis reports and I'm going to nickname you scrappy 4.0!;) Keep them coming.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Gibbs is playing Wednesday if anyone is interested in seeing him play.
nice play to attend, safe and close to I-91... fast food joints around the corner on Airport Rd.

nice event to attend with kids (boys) and admission is FREE

Reaction Score
That's great if true. I imagine big guys don't need to worry too much about staying very lean, so he doesn't need to worry about it all being muscle (although we do like to see him run the floor from time to time). Figure anything that'll get him up around 250, but he has been just so weak and awkward and out of control with his body while posting up, I dunno if adding on X weight is really going to do him much good.

Actually I think adding lower body muscle would do him a lot of good. And getting his feet organized.

Reaction Score
This event is incredibly unorganized. Yesterday's game were supposed to start at 4 and 6. Gibbs and Adams team was playing at 6 so I got there at 5:30. I waited in the gym for over an hour and it turned out that the 4 o'clock game was never played. So the 4 o'clock game ended up starting at 7. I couldn't stay for Gibbs and Adams game (it started at 9:00 and it was scheduled to start at 6). I was very disappointed.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This event is incredibly unorganized. Yesterday's game were supposed to start at 4 and 6. Gibbs and Adams team was playing at 6 so I got there at 5:30. I waited in the gym for over an hour and it turned out that the 4 o'clock game was never played. So the 4 o'clock game ended up starting at 7. I couldn't stay for Gibbs and Adams game (it started at 9:00 and it was scheduled to start at 6). I was very disappointed.
that's true too... but I think it's the players fault kinda, they normally show up late and Heads actually wait for them cause they are the "headliners" "superstars". Glad to hear you stopped in, I think weekend games are better due to lack of traffic

Reaction Score
DaddyChoc is spot on. The games generally start once the marquee players show up. The games never start on time, but there is some great talent and you can't beat the entertainment, especially for free.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if any of the UConn guys are playing in today's games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom