Great write up by Dan Wetzel on Coach Ollie | The Boneyard

Great write up by Dan Wetzel on Coach Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The narrative has changed. And of all the people to write the story as it deserves to be told, it's Dan Wetzel. A proper bookend to the darkest era in modern UConn basketball. Nate Miles article forgiven, but not forgotten Dan. But thank you for telling THIS story right.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wetzel was a huge part of the Calhoun investigation. He and Wojo have hated JC and loved Cal for years. Glad he wrote a good article, but he wanted to run JC out of town for years. duckck Dan Wetzel and the horse he rode in on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, I was just ready to post this. I read it last night and don't know why I didn't post it then. As mentioned, it's a great, great article and really says it all. I'm going to add something that I also heard last night by a Kiernan Darcy on ESPN's site. He was talking courtside right after the win with Andy Katz and he spoke quite well about the Huskies. One thing he also said that I thought was great was that UConn really showed what a "great addition" UConn will be for any conference looking to expand. He said that they were a really desirable commodity and know one agrees more with that type statement than do I. I'll send you the page but you'll have to scroll down to the article dated 4:48 PM on March 30th. Here's the spot: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation As I mentioned, go the article dated 4:48 yesterday "Five things: UConn triumphs at MSG" and listen to the video. Very impressive!

Reaction Score
Wow, I was just ready to post this. I read it last night and don't know why I didn't post it then. As mentioned, it's a great, great article and really says it all. I'm going to add something that I also heard last night by a Kiernan Darcy on ESPN's site. He was talking courtside right after the win with Andy Katz and he spoke quite well of the Huskies. He mentioned that UConn really showed what a "great addition" they will be for any conference looking to expand. He said that they were a really desirable commodity and no one agrees more with that than I do. Just go down to the article: Five things: UConn triumphs at MSG and open up the video. I think you'll like the sound of it. Hopefully the Big Ten and ACC among others was paying attention, as well!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"I was really taking my time," Ollie said. "One step at a time. And that's what you've got to do to get to the top of the ladder. You can't skip no steps. And the last two years, we didn't skip no steps."
1:08

This man is awesome.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice the poll on the right side of the article?

Who will advance to the #NCAATournament title game?
#KENTUCKY VS. #UCONN 63.6%
#UCONN VS. #WISCONSIN 24.7%
#FLORIDA VS. #KENTUCKY 7.8%
#FLORIDA VS. WISCONSIN 3.9%

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice the poll on the right side of the article?

Who will advance to the #NCAATournament title game?
#KENTUCKY VS. #UCONN 63.6%
#UCONN VS. #WISCONSIN 24.7%
#FLORIDA VS. #KENTUCKY 7.8%
#FLORIDA VS. WISCONSIN 3.9%
I love UConn but those odds are really strange to me. I think outside the limits of Connecticut most people would be laughing at those odds though I think the mental toughness of our guys is making a massive difference. They are just so positive and strong minded and boy, are they digging in and playing wonderful defense. It reminds me so much of a few years back with Kemba and surely, no one thought we'd ever see a team like that again.

Reaction Score
That was the best UCONN piece I have ever read! Just plain fantastic and spot on!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So Wetzel writes one positive thing about UConn. Maybe he had to clear his conscience. Tomorrow he'll tweet about his sources saying that Ollie wants the Knicks HC job. And then he'll tweet the Knicks aren't interested.

The guy is a hack, this story changes nothing. Sorry.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So Wetzel writes one positive thing about UConn. Maybe he had to clear his conscience. Tomorrow he'll tweet about his sources saying that Ollie wants the Knicks HC job. And then he'll tweet the Knicks aren't interested.

Yes, fqck dan wetzel. Can't believe people are so forgiving on here. Threw against the wall and hoped it would stick.

Reaction Score

That's the Boneyard way... I can't remember if we like Gottlieb or hate him anymore. It all depends on if he says something positive or negative about us. Positive? He's the only honest and authentic talking head. Negative? He's a credit card stealing hack who is desperately trying to be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom