Great time with the Girls last night | The Boneyard

Great time with the Girls last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if I will get anyone in trouble, so I will not mention any names. I have the girls on Instagram and they went live last night for an hour....you could ask questions, watch them dance and do other fun things. They really have great personalities and it was very enjoyable to watch. This was not scheduled and I am sure it was something they just did - it was very enjoyable to see the wonderful personalities and them having fun!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I think the girls is the basketball team.
Thank God he was talking about The UConn BB team. Otherwise that could have been me doing a perp walk in the background.

Reaction Score
Somehow great time with the women just didn't sound right - sorry if that offended some but girl refers to a sex not age.

Reaction Score
Somehow great time with the women just didn't sound right - sorry if that offended some but girl refers to a sex not age.
Some of us refer to the Female gender as girls---however the Uconn team is referred to as WOMEN's Team--there was a time when Female humans were referred to as girls at almost any age---now any Female human over 9 is a Woman. Just an opinion!!

Reaction Score
Some of us refer to the Female gender as girls---however the Uconn team is referred to as WOMEN's Team--there was a time when Female humans were referred to as girls at almost any age---now any Female human over 9 is a Woman. Just an opinion!!

Especially in today's world where everybody gets offended by every little thing you say.

Reaction Score
This semantics argument is so old and annoying. Who cares if they are referred to as girls or women? Who care is they are the Huskies or Lady Huskies? The answer is unfortunately many of the fans.

This guy simply made a post saying the girls from the team we all enjoy were live on facebook yesterday answering questions. The fact that some of you decided to sexualize that is gross, not this post. Grow up.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I will get anyone in trouble, so I will not mention any names. I have the girls on Instagram and they went live last night for an hour....you could ask questions, watch them dance and do other fun things. They really have great personalities and it was very enjoyable to watch. This was not scheduled and I am sure it was something they just did - it was very enjoyable to see the wonderful personalities and them having fun!

You wondered if you might get anyone in trouble. The answer is that you might be in trouble. I saw that you're from New Jersey and so I contacted the Attorney Generals office in NJ. They said that they would be contacting you very soon as part of a larger investigation.

By the way, were you by chance wearing a trench coat while you were watching this?

Reaction Score
The level of educated people here amazes me. Folks can't read the respect I have for these women in my post but instead focus on a word and nothing else ... and even put their own perverted view on the message. I welcome your visit...I also own a place in Manhattan if that is more convenient for you

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think more than a few people in this thread and on this site need to start looking at the spirit in which statements are offered before casting aspersions so casually.

Taken in isolation, "girls" is not a disparaging term. If it were, neither players, recruits, players' parents, TV commentators or coaches would use it very much. But in fact phrases like "a great group of girls" have been used quite often by players, by recruits, by recruits' families and by coaches over the years, as have other phrases that use the word "girls." Maybe not as often as "women('s)", "ladies", "young ladies", "young women" but certainly often enough. "Guys" is also used here and there by coaches and others - do we think these speakers have somehow mistaken the players' gender?

There are apparently (per Geno) some coaches and programs that would proscribe terms like "man-to-man" defense when coaching women. I don't think it bothers Geno very much, or players if Gabby Williams is any example. She talked about losing "her man" on defense in a post-game interview the other day. Was she insulting the opposing player or somehow speaking out of turn? Hardly.

And how many times have posters---many of them long-time posters---spoken of "our girls" when referring to the team? I don't recall these posters getting rapped on the knuckles very often for such usage. Shall we start keeping a count of such instances so that these posters can take their place on a wall of shame, too?

People need to start looking at the overall context of posts. Tons of words and phrases, "girls" included, can be used in a disparaging or belittling way. This isn't one of those cases.

Anyone want to make a wager as to how many approving replies would have filled this thread if it had been made by someone whose post count numbered in the thousands rather than a post count of < 100? And how many would have asked for a link or for further info on how they could catch the squad themselves the next time?

I'd be happy to take that bet, either here in the thread or offline in a private message.

Reaction Score
The level of educated people here amazes me. Folks can't read the respect I have for these women in my post but instead focus on a word and nothing else ... and even put their own perverted view on the message. I welcome your visit...I also own a place in Manhattan if that is more convenient for you

Don't worry, we liked your post and understood the spirit of it. We're just having a little
Boneyard fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog