Great Taurasi article | The Boneyard

Great Taurasi article

Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi and the power of invincibility

“Taurasi is a scorer, a passer, but again, it was that inflection point where she pulled out precisely the right play to win the game, and it turned out to be a rebound. It was the confidence she’d instilled in Talbot, who did not hesitate followng her airballed 3, and hit the next one to tie the game. And then at the other end, after Williams missed, Taurasi did not scurry back on the rebound, instead challenging the massively larger 6-foot-6 Jonquel Jones and somehow ending up with the board, drawing the foul on Jones, an implicit message to everyone in the building: no one is taking this game away from me. This ball, this game, it is mine.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"She dribbled out the final seconds and then shouted in the general direction of the Sun right after the final buzzer sounded: “Who’s clapping now? Who’s clapping now? duckk you!”

I'd pay money for that video moment.

Reaction Score
"She dribbled out the final seconds and then shouted in the general direction of the Sun right after the final buzzer sounded: “Who’s clapping now? Who’s clapping now? k you!”

I think the video is in the other thread...the game thread

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
D is the GOAT. She has had the ability to elevate the play of those around her. She showed that at UConn. When Griner came to the WNBA, is was D who took her under her wing. She helped Griner develop her game to a higher level.

Last night was a prime example of D in her element.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As Paul Harvey use to say: "Now you know the rest of the story". :) Alyssa Thomas exuberantly clapping in her face (in a recent game), and Courtney Williams posting an instagram picture below of her jumping up and shouting as Dee walked by. Those were the two things Dee referenced when she said: You can post Instagram pictures, you can clap in people’s faces, that’s not going to get you a win".
uuuuh........Courtney, a word,.........don't poke the bear. :rolleyes:

DlVO4mvX0Acjd5Y.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
"She dribbled out the final seconds and then shouted in the general direction of the Sun right after the final buzzer sounded: “Who’s clapping now? Who’s clapping now? k you!”

You can see it clearly on the game video; she enunciated well. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Geno still calls DT the "greatest WINNER in WBB History!"
If there's a Championship or first place involved DT will find a way to win!

Except for last night at Seattle, when it counted.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

DT is the most clutch player in the game imho . She was the main reason why the closed a 16 pt deficit to 2 (I know she also was out of sorts with her emotions which hurt) But you cant win them all and I am sure she will be even more dangerous in game 2.

Reaction Score

CMC'72- - -It wasn't a "winner takes all or go home game"! There are still 4 games left in the series for DT to show her magic! I'm pulling for Seattle so they have to have a killer attitude from here out! They can't blow easy chances to score like they did in game 1!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom