Great sportsmanship moment | The Boneyard

Great sportsmanship moment

Reaction Score
Man, i don't know. I hit kids in the head and I'd maybe feel bad, but I certainly wasn't like this. And if I got hit in the head, no way I'm consoling the pitcher. Just a different generation.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Man, i don't know. I hit kids in the head and I'd maybe feel bad, but I certainly wasn't like this. And if I got hit in the head, no way I'm consoling the pitcher. Just a different generation.
Yawn

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Obviously you didn't watch. The batter was on the ground in pain. It was the runner on first who came over to console the pitcher. Who knows, maybe he told the pitcher, "Ah, don't worry, we didn't like him anyway."

Reaction Score
In a little league game when I was a kid I was standing in the on deck circle nervously waiting to hit against a kid who was known throughout the league for throwing gas (for 12 year olds). He promptly hit my best friend in the jaw with a fastball, shattered his face, and my guy had to be stretchered off the field. My heels were practically in the dugout when I struck out on three pitches like John Kruk against Randy Johnson in the All-Star game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's the same kid, he ran to 1st and then walked over to the pitcher
ok, editing didn't tell that story, but I matched up the #s on the rewatch. But what that implies is that the coach didn't come out to console his obviously upset pitcher until after the opponent came over?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
1660160158853.png

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
ok, editing didn't tell that story, but I matched up the #s on the rewatch. But what that implies is that the coach didn't come out to console his obviously upset pitcher until after the opponent came over?
Watch video first. Comment second.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Watch video first. Comment second.
What's your point? The vid in the tweet shows a kid getting hit by a pitch and going to ground, then cuts to a kid coming to the mound. After the kid goes to the mound, the coach comes out. There is no narrative. It's crap editing if it's meant to tell a compelling story.

Would you have edited that video the same to tell that story?

What I think you meant to say was, "Read the intro text more carefully next time."

Last edited:
Reaction Score

LOL I definitely wouldn't go THAT far.

I'm not saying what the kid did was BAD, I'm just saying I know me and the kids I played with, if we were battling for a little league world series spot would not be bumping fists or consoling mid-game. Alas, we did not.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The coach and his teammates also came out to console the pitcher. Great sportsmanship. These are 12 year old kids, they want to win and get to the biggest stage for their age group. At the end of the day it is still just a game and meant to be fun. The last thing they want to do is injure an opposing player especially by hitting them in the head with a pitch. Nothing fun about getting hit in the head, or hitting somebody in the head.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
He's a 40 HR a year guy in the Show if not for a bum shoulder.

The same shoulder that prevents him from shooting a basketball. Nothing to do with his form at all. Terrible take on his part.

Reaction Score
I hit a kid in the head with a fastball. He was a tough kid, all star caliber player. He cried for 20 minutes. I felt like . There was no getting over seeing a kid cry for 20 minutes. Everybody played like zombies for the rest of the game.

Personally, I'm glad to see great sportsmanship. It restores a little bit of my faith in humanity.

Reaction Score
He wasn't trying to make a joke here as "that guy." He actually is that guy.

Always funny when p^$$ies like the pizza dork weigh in like this. You made a ton of money, enjoy it. Nobody cares you were last picked in gym class, get over it.
I'm sure if you do a little research, you will learn that the "pizza dork" was a heck of a baseball and football player and certainly wasn't the last picked in gym class.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I'm sure if you do a little research, you will learn that the "pizza dork" was a heck of a baseball and football player and certainly wasn't the last picked in gym class.
He might not have been picked last in gym class but he's a certified sex pest

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Portnoy. Nothing like calling something dumb and misspelling words in the same sentence.

I actually enjoy doing that on purpose now. Make a joke about something being dumb or stupid and put typoes in there on purpose.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Such a weird and telling flex. When was good sportsmanship not a great/cool thing especially with little kids...
Especially with kids. The thing that makes this great isn't that one kid showed that things are more important than the game, it's that two did. Because the pitcher could have just coldly brushed this off. He didn't, he was hurt by the possibility that he hurt another kid. That's where it started, and what the batter recognized.

Reaction Score
Lolz, please be a serious post.

Yep, Michigan recruited him for both baseball and football. He battled it out at QB with Brady but he chose the Yankees instead. A lot of people thought he would've been the #1 pick in the NFL draft had he stuck with football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom