Great read from Anthony: UConn men’s basketball standout Andre Jackson is finding his identity on and off the court | The Boneyard

Great read from Anthony: UConn men’s basketball standout Andre Jackson is finding his identity on and off the court

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fascinating and insightful. A lot of stuff I never knew about AJax.

Apologies for those who can't access; I don't know how to get around the paywall:

Here's one of the more unexpected tidbits:

Jackson’s two other tattoos display some of what he has learned and believes in.

One is of Bugs Bunny running from Elmer Fudd. It represents, Jackson said, “Trying to escape all the things that are trying to tear you down or take you off your path. I like Bugs Bunny because he doesn’t have all the weaponry or artillery to beat Elmer Fudd, but he finds ways to manipulate him into hurting himself. I look at Elmer Fudd as the system trying to tear you down and Bugs Bunny is like, ‘I’m going to have to find ways to maneuver that system to stay alive.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let me add to those who say this is a great read and well worth the time. Andre is a really interesting, thoughtful young man.

Oh, and then there’s this little tidbit: “Jackson might be UConn’s starting point guard next season”

Reaction Score
It's impossible not to like this kid. He went out of his way along with Akok, Samson, and Richie to spend 10 minutes talking to my kids and taking pictures with them earlier this year. He's a super engaging and all around nice kid who clearly understands the all around impact he can have beyond basketball.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thoughtful choice going with Bugs & Elmer when his game is becoming more like Roadrunner v. Wile E. Coyote. By next year there won't be enough Acme products to slow him down.

Andre seems to me like the hoops version of Charlie Morton. Super talented, very literate, probably too self-critical and deferential for his own good at the moment. But when he lets loose all his talents and stops overthinking... he's going to be an unstoppable force.

Reaction Score
Thoughtful choice going with Bugs & Elmer when his game is becoming more like Roadrunner v. Wile E. Coyote. By next year there won't be enough Acme products to slow him down.

Andre seems to me like the hoops version of Charlie Morton. Super talented, very literate, probably too self-critical and deferential for his own good at the moment. But when he lets loose all his talents and stops overthinking... he's going to be an unstoppable force.
Love this comparison. As a big CM fan I think it's a very apt comparison. He also reminds me a bit of Shane Victorino. He'll hit for you at times, but it's his energy, base stealing, defense that really adds value.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Do you like this better than archive.ph?
Yes. The article appears within seconds as opposed to archive.ph which takes a couple minutes to do whatever it's doing before the article appears.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Hope Ray’s not staying too far away from the program these days. You could see those two really connecting.

Reaction Score
One of the best articles that MA has done. What else can be said about Andre? What poise and insight this young man has. The 3 will come, go AJax!

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony has had some great pieces in the past and this is another one.

Throughout the pandemic his pieces were obnoxious though, often shaming people for wanting to watch or play sports. Hopefully that's over.

Reaction Score
As Chief has been saying, Andre is a fine young man and hard worker.
I am impressed how he has improved his ball security and decreased turnovers. Chief has been preaching, you don’t get points for greater degree of difficulty. Make the simple, catchable pass and it seems that he has adapted that approach.

As for shooting, I think it’s the wrong mindset to start from if he has a fear of missing. I would think you just focus on making shots and building that confidence that the ball is going through the basket. Anything about missing is off the radar. I love the guys around him growing up but the obvious need is that he needs a proven shooting coach.
The other thing is what spots are he most comfortable scoring from? Start with those spots!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Superb stuff, really because the subject matter is so intriguing…Andre himself. Very proud that he’s a Husky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom