Great Post Game Quotes | The Boneyard

Great Post Game Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/020412aaf.html

Highlights:

Coach Blaney:

"We told the players when Coach let us know that he wasn't going to be able to coach for however long it is going to be that...we were on a four-game losing streak and we needed to come back and be a Jim Calhoun team - which always means that you compete, and that you have great energy. The word was "all in," and the word was "energy."

"I told them maybe three different times during the game that the crowd deserved their effort. And the continued to get it. That's what they were so much in the game. Quite honestly, I was almost in tears at one point, with how loud it was and how much it stirred us on."

Lamb:

"We were going through some hard times as a team, not problems, but a bump in the road. Peoples' shot was off and people were out of sync. And Coach Calhoun is out right now so we're just going through a lot. We had a team meeting and came together because we're all brothers. Today we were able to play as a team."

Boat:

"We just wanted to win. Everyone got tired of going into the locker room with sad faces. Going on campus and you can't eat, can't sleep because you're thinking about the losses. Everybody was just tired of losing and we knew we had to do it together. We dug our self in the hole and we were the only ones that were going to get ourselves out. That's what we said in the meeting and that's what we did today.
We got a little saying that we say it called `all in' -- everybody's here to fight together. The whole time they were down there screaming, `all in.' The Seton Hall players were looking like, `what are they saying?' I knew from there it was going to be a good game for us.
On the crowd
I love playing here with the crowd. Even though we've been in our 4 game losing streak, they still come and support us. They see us and everybody still acts like we've been winning., like we're still ranked #4 in the country. Much love to them.

I think this is the start of something great."

AO:

"I just wanted to go out there and give guys anything I could whether it was rebounding, defense, talking on defense, anything. I think it worked out for me tonight but I also think I can build off this."

Being at the game, the quote by the Blaney regarding the crowd was spot on. I loved how we all got behind their effort even when it didn't result in us winning the ball. It was great seeing Bazz and Boat hugging each other smiling. It was awesome to see Lamb crack a smile for once. I loveeed seeing Scoe go crazy after diving for rebounds and loose balls. And seeing AO run down the court like a wild man after Drummond's dunk on Bazz's missed layup was something special!

Tremendous game!

Reactions: SJ

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
love the quotes, I think they may have righted the ship from an mental standpoint

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Too soon to say, but it's a good start.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I love the positive attitude. Hopefully they'll have the same sort of optimism after Louisville.

Reaction Score
It was awesome seeing Roscoe having fun out there. For me, in terms of watching this team, one of the biggest differences from last year was his enthusiasm.

Reaction Score
I love the positive attitude. Hopefully they'll have the same sort of optimism after Louisville.

How about we see what happens in the Ville game before we start portending their attitudes afterwards? Just a thought.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
How about we see what happens in the Ville game before we start portending their attitudes afterwards? Just a thought.
Hoping they have the same attitude after the Ville game = Hoping they beat Ville in a similar fashion. Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Hoping they have the same attitude after the Ville game = Hoping they beat Ville in a similar fashion. Just a thought.
Read literally, it had a pessimistic tone. He referred to optimism, not attitude. If they have the same reaction/attitude after a win in the Ville game, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom