Great Photo | The Boneyard

Great Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kelly climbs over seats to get to Maya. Kelly bottled up her emotions for 4 years and they all came pouring out last night.

500x425

Reaction Score
That is more emotion being shown by Kelly than the total of all other exhibitions of emotion she showed in her entire 4 year career. She gave new meaning to "game face". She is one of kind and will be missed.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Kelly and Maya. Wow, what a combination of talent.

Reaction Score
Please let those two be reunited in Minnesota. THose two are kindred spirits in many ways as basketball players.

Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelly got the end to her career that Maya should have had. And Maya was thrilled for her.

I think Kelly already was a very hard worker, but playing 2 years with Maya sure didn't hurt.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Kelly got the end to her career that Maya should have had. And Maya was thrilled for her.

I think Kelly already was a very hard worker, but playing 2 years with Maya sure didn't hurt.

They probably both fed off of each other in that respect.

Looking at that picture (OP) and recalling, as Maya did, the aftermath of the 2011 semifinal, I have to wonder if the hyper-conscientious Kelly still carried the sting of that loss with her, having not "sent Maya out" the right way. Certainly, Miss Faris is all business, but I think she burdens herself with a lot of responsibility as well and that emotionally, it was something she never totally let go of. The only way to set things right would be to get another championship and share it (in a way) with Maya in that moment.

Obviously this is just armchair psychology ;) But the photo and some of Kelly's post-game comments got me thinking.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That pic of Kelly and Maya shows what makes UConn WBB special. It may be my all-time favorite.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

Remember Geno's refrain that it makes his job so much easier when your best player is also your hardest worker? I absolutely believe that Maya impacted all five kids on this championship team that had an opportunity to play with her. And Kelly's impact in KML, already a hard worker in her own right, is well documented. That's what being part of a continuum is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom