2024 Recruiting: - Great Osobor - Utah State Transfer | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Great Osobor - Utah State Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

6'8 250 incoming senior originally from England. 17.7p, 9r, 2.8a, 1.3s, 1.4b, 57.7 FG%, 65 FT%. Ranked by EvanMiya as Utah State's second best defender.

I'm reaching out to my MWC contacts to see if they can share any scouting reports on him.

Reaction Score
The portal report has to make sure people know Utah St is Division 1?

You would think everyone from a six bid league would be a brand name

Reaction Score
Kind of a Sanogo-lite. Gets to the line 8x a game but only shoots mid-60s from the stripe historically. Gets good steal and block #s for his size. Good assist rate too.

If he was 6'11 he'd be in the league. He's talented. Let's make our move

Reaction Score
Definitely a 5

you don't think he'd be undersized for a 5? I guess his game is more centeresque and I'd have a hard time seeing him play along side a samson or a more traditional center.

Reaction Score
you don't think he'd be undersized for a 5? I guess his game is more centeresque and I'd have a hard time seeing him play along side a samson or a more traditional center.

Same size as Sanogo and doesn't have the skillset of a 4 at all. No shooting or ballhandling to speak of really.

Is he undersized for a 5? A bit. But his elite skill quite clearly makes up for it.

Reaction Score
Same size as Sanogo and doesn't have the skillset of a 4 at all. No shooting or ballhandling to speak of really.

Is he undersized for a 5? A bit. But his elite skill quite clearly makes up for it.
Granted I watched parts of only 3 Utah St games, but he did handle the ball a bit. Certainly more than Adama. But he didn’t have near the finesse Adama had. I think they have some pretty strong differences.

Reaction Score
Hated his body language in the Purdue game. We can do better.

Reaction Score
Hated his body language in the Purdue game. We can do better.
Coming to say this. The kid was absolutely miserable in that game, and I'm not talking about his basketball level. I wouldn't want to rely on a kid who wilts under pressure and pouts like that

Reaction Score
It’s hard to portray positivity when you’re down a million playing against and guarding a gargantuan human being who is owning you.
The way he interacted with his teammates and officials I’m just not interested. Could be a one off but it was off putting.

Reaction Score
Here’s a scouting report New Mexico Lobos beat writer Geoff Grammer shared w me re: Osobor:

“There are some Jokic similarities here, from a skillset standpoint and, quite frankly, some deceptive athleticism for a guy who looks big and soft. Osobor can play big minutes and has a very polished skill set. His defense made big strides this past season, but his offense is what carried him to being a top 3 player in the Mountain West last season (along with PF Jaedon LeDee at San Diego State and PG Isaiah Stevens at Colorado State). Osobor has very good feet, very good passing and I can't tell you how many shots he hit when it looked like he was off balanced or falling down before I realized he is just that skilled that he can make unorthodox looking shots with such regularity.

It took me awhile to come around on how good he was, but once I did, I was all on board. He had a great season with Danny Sprinkle, who used him as a focal point of the offense. He doesn't stretch it out too far from a shooting standpoint, which at 6-8 you probably hoped he could do a little more of. And while he draws fouls like crazy (Top 25 I think it was in fouls drawn per 40 minutes), he would be a lot more dangerous if his PT percentage could grow a good 5 points or more. He was the guy teams looked to foul late in games if it was a tight game.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom