Great offensive staff, according to BD | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great offensive staff, according to BD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think they still are figuring out what they want to on be O. The first game 2 QB rotation, the multiple backs, rotating lineman and receivers, not to mention we have no identity on O. If the staff can watch the tape of the Tulane game and not see the negative plays when we bring in the tight ends and fullbacks then they are committing dereliction of duty. In addition if we are going to a running QB in the future why aren't we at least in the spread now? Whitmer has never been good with the deep throws, he is best with the intermediate ones which the spread promotes. We have reasons to be frustrated and the media has evidence that warrants the question. The look on the head coach on the sideline late in the game showed that he knew there was gonna be no lipstick for this one.

Reaction Score
Huskygamble19 said:
He has a great offensive staff...He just doesn't have a great offensive team.
Acquisition of some enhanced ingredients might just make it possible for most bakers of reasonably good quality to bake a better cake. Experience and lessons learned might also improve the end product. Time, recruits, and patience ...

Reaction Score
i guess a great offensive staff creates a very offensive offense to offend

this must be one of the job/task analysis objectives the search firm devised for athletic dept to assess & eval job performance: looks like things are right on schedule for building the base for future bowl game appearances because you know who says it to be twooo

Reaction Score
Very true. It was knocked over on his back. How that even happens on a short yardage situation is beyond me. That said Max would have had a chance if he near the LOS. There was no chance at 7 yards deep.

How does it happen in short yardage goal line? Come on man you know why. It's because we have no fundamentals yet in actually getting lined up at scrimmage from all 11 guys on the field. You need your knees bent and your face mask in the dirt so you get lower than the guy across from you. Myers wasn't lined up in a proper stance, and his guy was lined up in a goal line short yardage position, and got under him so fast he tossed him back like a rag doll.

Reaction Score
From Dez's blog. http://fw.to/23kQm2a

UConn coach Bob Diaco got a little chippy when asked whether he has reached out to some of his mentors, given the offensive woes the Huskies are enduring. "There's nobody to talk to," he said sternly. "I got a great offensive staff. They're doing an awesome job. There's nobody to talk to. They got a great plan. They're doing fine." ... UConn is 123rd in total offense at 256.2 yards a game. The Huskies have moved up to No. 20 on defense (325).

I wonder what the offense would look like WITHOUT a great offensive staff. I guess we don't score at all against Tulane. It's speak like this which has me shaking my head. Dear Bob, they are not doing fine.

This sounds a lot like denial.

He needs to work through the steps of denial, anger, bargaining and depression before he get to acceptance and can solve the problem. You can never solve the problem if you refuse to admit there is a problem.

Reactions: APA

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What the heck do you want him to say. If he criticizes them, then everyone would say he's throwing them under the bus. You think he doesn't know more than we do or any reporter about what's happening on the field? Geez, the line sucks and maybe the lack of talent or maturity or speed, whatever, is more of a problem than the plan, the coaching, whatever. Time will tell and while maybe he hasn't sharpened his reaction to the press, I'm sure he's irritated and frustrated, especially by pointless questions.

Reaction Score
What the heck do you want him to say. If he criticizes them, then everyone would say he's throwing them under the bus. You think he doesn't know more than we do or any reporter about what's happening on the field? Geez, the line sucks and maybe the lack of talent or maturity or speed, whatever, is more of a problem than the plan, the coaching, whatever. Time will tell and while maybe he hasn't sharpened his reaction to the press, I'm sure he's irritated and frustrated, especially by pointless questions.

Here's what I would like him to say.

"Nobody is more frustrated than me. But we won't stop until we find a solution. Everyone, both players and coaches are judged on their performance which hasn't been up to the standards we set for ourselves. Moving forward we will continue to try to put the players in situations where they can succeed. And the coaching staff will continue to evaluate our own performance with a eye on results."

I want him to stop being defensive. And I want him to stop talking about culture or improvement.

Reaction Score
How does it happen in short yardage goal line? Come on man you know why. It's because we have no fundamentals yet in actually getting lined up at scrimmage from all 11 guys on the field. You need your knees bent and your face mask in the dirt so you get lower than the guy across from you. Myers wasn't lined up in a proper stance, and his guy was lined up in a goal line short yardage position, and got under him so fast he tossed him back like a rag doll.

Correct. Was being rhetorical. It's football 101. Get lower than your opponent. You never get knocked backwards on your like that unless nobody bothered to teach fundamentals. Have not seen an absolute blow up like that in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom