great night for KASH!!! | The Boneyard

great night for KASH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i refuse to let his night go unnoticed. he had a great night, got seperation and made some plays. great game Kash! Kash Sr. i know you lurk, tell you boy he was a lone bright spot 2night from what i got to see. ok BY carry on with the staff/qb bashing....:)

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He had a big drop early.

Ah, who am I kidding, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
+1

he played well

Reaction Score
+2

Kash and McCombs were the bright spots tonight. Really impressed with LM's development over the course of the season, he's going to be a good one for us, cast in the mold of Caulley.

Reaction Score
Down 21-3, late 2nd quarter, 2nd and 10, UConn moving the ball, Kashif caught a ball over the middle for 9 yards. Rather than cutting up field, getting the first down and stopping the clock, Kash ran laterally, got tackled, left the team with the clock running and a 3rd and 1. McEntee got sacked on the next play and UConn had to punt. Dreadful.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Down 21-3, late 2nd quarter, 2nd and 10, UConn moving the ball, Kashif caught a ball over the middle for 9 yards. Rather than cutting up field, getting the first down and stopping the clock, Kash ran laterally, got tackled, left the team with the clock running and a 3rd and 1. McEntee got sacked on the next play and UConn had to punt. Dreadful.

i can't believe a person with your handle name has the balls to point that out of all things. we were struggling to get anything, the kid was right around the yard line needed for the first and prob thought he was there and tried to break a big play off. even short 3rd and 1 aint the worst after that play considering how we run the ball. but coach p put it in your hands and u went turtle on all of us. i hope u transfer to md soon. considering how the night went for Kash i can't believe your really being a hater right now.

Reaction Score
My problem was with the next playt - at 3rd and 1 they should have run for a 1st down. And preferably with Scott Mc at QB. The 3rd down and short pass has been the kiss of death for this team all season long so why keep calling it? Please excuse the rant. Not my usual MO.

Reaction Score
K Moore had a real good game indeed. But correct me if I'm mistaken aren't there 2 Moores in the WR corp? Would it be possible to get them both involved in the same game? This pattern of "if it's not one its the other" is not giving Uconn the weapons it needs. Mac needs to get the ball to both on the same night with a much higher degree of frequency.

Reaction Score
You saved me the key strokes. He was not alone in falling forward for the extra yards but he is a senior and should know better. But he is a consistent bright spot for this horror show called the UConn Offense.

Reaction Score
K Moore had a real good game indeed. But correct me if I'm mistaken aren't there 2 Moores in the WR corp? Would it be possible to get them both involved in the same game? This pattern of "if it's not one its the other" is not giving Uconn the weapons it needs. Mac needs to get the ball to both on the same night with a much higher degree of frequency.

I totally agree... but as Tuna put it "Ya are what ya are" and it doesn't seem like Coach P's gonna change the horror show offense this season...

Reaction Score
HistoryMajor is right. We were all calling for the run there. The run game with the QB substitutions was actually working, but we went away from it and suffered.

Reaction Score
How about Mark May's insight: "When McCummings is in at QB, 9 times out of 10 he runs it, so how do you not defend it"? And he gets paid for that. It was pretty obvious since the Vandy game. Once again no imagination on offense for UConn.

Reaction Score
I wrote somewhere before that I think that each player and coach on this team needs to seriously ask themsleves if they are giving all they got, or if they can get better after this game, it's probably buried somewhree by now.

Before I check out of here for awhile, I just wanted to add to this commentary, because it was a key play that stood out to me too. The play that another poster mentioned on that second down to Kashif.

Perfect example, of where each and every player and coach on this squad needs to ask themselves what they could have done better.

and from my QB perspective, it's not Kashif I'm thinking about specifically after the catch, I'm thinking about everything that happened before, and the way the QB is making play calls in the huddle and the way the coaches are having the huddles run and how the players are responding to it.

I have no idea waht the hell is going in these huddles, I'm not there on the field...... but down, distance and clock? I really hope that's somethign that is coming out of the Qb's mouth in those huddles with every play call, every time, and every player in that huddle, especially the guys that are running routes on pass plays, gets it, registers it and realizes how it fits into what they're doing on the field. If the coaches aren't having the QB doing that, and I can't imagine they're not, then they better get it going, and if they are, then the QB needs to do a better job of enforcing it in the huddle, so that every player knows how important it is, and how it fits into their role among those 11 guys, and if the players aren't getting it, that's where Kashif comes in.

If Kashif's route is designed to go 10 yards, and it comes out of the QB's mouth that we're 2nd and 10, then you better make sure your route is right depth, and when the ball comes, you make sure you got the 10 vertical yards before you try to stretch the play out.

Kashif's position, I think, was a key one in this week's game plan, and he made good on it, but I think he could ahve done better, and I bet he does too.

Congratulations to the young man. I was nervous for him as he was waiting for that moon ball while he was in space all alone.

Reaction Score
\
Get lost, troll. Or whoever you are. I'd like to be able to compare your IP with those of other known members, like the mods can... Even though we discuss Mac's shortcomings this season, doesn't mean he isn't a good man. The kid is taking a savage beating. He's a stand up guy who loves this program. He isn't going to be the second coming of christ, but he's giving it his all. At least refrain from beating the guy up personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom