Great news for old logo fans | The Boneyard

Great news for old logo fans

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
30%off at the Bobs out of business sale. FWIW my fist job was actually at Bobs in high school. It's no shock this store is going out of business. Prices are ridiculous especially considering you can get all the same stuff for 40%-60% off right next door at Marshall's (in Manchester at least)

020.jpg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
30%off at the Bobs out of business sale. FWIW my fist job was actually at Bobs in high school. It's no shock this store is going out of business. Prices are ridiculous especially considering you can get all the same stuff for 40%-60% off right next door at Marshall's (in Manchester at least) View attachment 22134

Fist job at Bob's in High School? Ouch.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This thread is gold.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The sad news is that the thread title attracts all you old farts

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's no shock this store is going out of business. Prices are ridiculous especially considering you can get all the same stuff for 40%-60% off right next door at Marshall's (in Manchester at least)

Whenever my New Balance preference went on sale I went in with my coupon and they were always out of size 12. Tons of 11 1/2 and 13, no 12's. I asked why they didn't get more of what sells and less of what doesn't, the manager told me I should just come after the truck arrives.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Whenever my New Balance preference went on sale I went in with my coupon and they were always out of size 12. Tons of 11 1/2 and 13, no 12's. I asked why they didn't get more of what sells and less of what doesn't, the manager told me I should just come after the truck arrives.
THANK YOU FOR AN ACTUAL RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD

Reaction Score
However only Manchester and Danbury are closing! The others have dodged a bullet with Sports Direct from U.K. Acquiring Bobs

Reaction Score
I'm not into fisting but I am a big fan of our new Husky logo. It's bold, accurate, and out front.The old logo, like that lifestyle choice, are far behind.

Reaction Score
The best programs have logos that last forever. Why do we change ours every decade? What's the point? Every generation can relate to one logo. I am for change if it means moving the athletic program forward but our athletic program simply did not need a rebrand when they did, imo. I think most fans can agree with that. Nevertheless what's done is done. Just don't change what we have unless ur name is randy edsall, im all for it!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
THANK YOU FOR AN ACTUAL RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD
Seriously lolling at this thread, but the one I can't wait for is when the poster formerly known as Diaco's Army, asks for suggestions for a new handle again. I'll be "Fist Job Bob" won't be the worst of them.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Full fist or more of a "mini van"?

Reaction Score
When are they actually closing? I want to get some of that stuff before it's gone. I'm not buying anything with the new minor league baseball logo on it.

The change was literally a change for the sake of change. You know which programs do not replace their logos? College sports brands: Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, North Carolina, Indiana, etc. They might modify it, was we did with the original logo. But they don't totally replace it.

Reaction Score
This was a Warde Manuel play. He did it in Buffalo so he did it at UConn. Won't do it at Michigan because they won't allow it but if he could he would. Awful AD hired to "fix" the apr.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I remember when Bob's was called "Bob's Surplus", and they really did sell surplus army stuff. Probably left over from Vietnam I suppose. I got flannel shirts, jeans and the every popular zip up grey hoodie there. Oh and of course those hiking boots with red laces and black marking soles. Ahh the memories.

Now they just sell everything that Kohl's does for 25% more. Hence their epic failure.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I remember when Bob's was called "Bob's Surplus", and they really did sell surplus army stuff. Probably left over from Vietnam I suppose. I got flannel shirts, jeans and the every popular zip up grey hoodie there. Oh and of course those hiking boots with red laces and black marking soles. Ahh the memories.

Now they just sell everything that Kohl's does for 25% more. Hence their epic failure.
Kohls is able to thrive because they offer awesome deals and coupons and usually have clearance sections up to 70% off and have housewares. Bobs gives you 10 dollars on your birthday and every other coupon pretty much prohibits all the stuff you'd actually want to buy. I don't know why people would have shopped there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom