Great moves by Hurley and Vital | The Boneyard

Great moves by Hurley and Vital

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
He had Carlton dominating on the boards and with a couple steals and a block. But the team was having difficulty. When Whalley demonstrated the ability to lock up Precious. DH benched the dominating post to bring in another scorer. Great move. I also have to note Carlton on the bench was all smiles and enthusiasm for his teammates.

Also Vital who has been so prone to wrecking drives by playing hero ball became the hero by playing within the system. He demonstrated great leadership and unquestioned joy at the successes of others. Great plays

Reaction Score
Vital's great moments today:

A steal and transition pass.
An offensive rebound and put-back.
2 big catch and shoot 3's in the last 10 minutes.
Drawing an offensive foul with great position in man-to-man defense.
Drawing fouls and making free throws (and getting himself open and having ice water for the endgame FTs)
Leadership and consoling a devastated teammate.

He's a very impactful player when he's not asked (or volunteering himself) to do the things he isn't capable of. Bouk's late game/clock/BBIQ creation will continue to unlock the team's ceiling.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Vital's great moments today:

A steal and transition pass.
An offensive rebound and put-back.
2 big catch and shoot 3's in the last 10 minutes.
Drawing an offensive foul with great position in man-to-man defense.
Drawing fouls and making free throws (and getting himself open and having ice water for the endgame FTs)
Leadership and consoling a devastated teammate.

He's a very impactful player when he's not asked (or volunteering himself) to do the things he isn't capable of. Bouk's late game/clock/BBQ creation will continue to unlock the team's ceiling.

A tale of two halves for him. Early in the game it was almost all bad Vital. Poor decisions on passing the ball and poor shot selection. Second half was terrific, including all the moments you listed.

Reaction Score
While I do agree Vital was great, he still did shoot some bad 3s with his feet way too far behind and the line and too early in the shotclock.
Also, take a look at the box score on this:
Bouk - 32 min - 0 to's
Gaff - 26 min - 0 to's
Vs
Vital - 33 min - 4 to's
AG - 14 min - 3 to's

I'm excited for next season. James and Gaff demonstrated incredible maturity and BBQ, in a big game in front if of a sellout crowd. I'm so excited for a team full of smart, talented, Hurley recruits. Love Vitals heart and hard play, but that's all it is unfortunately.
I'm not a habitual hater fyi, just statistics here and so happy with the changes Hurley has made in the lineup. Going young has paid huge dividends.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I do agree Vital was great, he still did shoot some bad 3s with his feet way too far behind and the line and too early in the shotclock.
Also, take a look at the box score on this:
Bouk - 32 min - 0 to's
Gaff - 26 min - 0 to's
Vs
Vital - 33 min - 4 to's
AG - 14 min - 0 to's

I'm excited for next season. James and Gaff demonstrated incredible maturity and BBQ, in a big game in front if of a sellout crowd. I'm so excited for a team full of smart, talented, Hurley recruits. Love Vitals heart and hard play, but that's all it is unfortunately.
I'm not a habitual hater fyi, just statistics here and so happy with the changes Hurley has made in the lineup. Going young has paid huge dividends.

AG had 3 TOS in 14 minutes and that’s why he only played 14 minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's not like Josh ate pine the whole game. He still put in 27 minutes.
And yes, I noticed the 0 TO line for Gaffney as well.

Reaction Score
AG had 3 TOS in 14 minutes and that’s why he only played 14 minutes.
yeah, that was an early morning typo. meant to say 3 to's. So yes, that's the point I was trying to make! Excited for the remainder of this season and the future!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like Vital genuinely enjoys seeing the young guys play well and hit shots. His legacy depends a lot on what happens the next 7+ games.

Something I’ve picked up from watching Danny is how individualized his coaching is. He doesn’t have a one sized fits all approach after mistakes or in celebration. A fiery guy like CV makes a play and he’s fired up with him. A laidback Bouknight makes a play and he just kinda gives him a look like “damn dude nice play.” That’s why the kids love him.

Reaction Score
Great game overall by the team but Whaley's defense on Precious was really good. I was consistently surprised how well he was denying him the ball and containing him once he had it.
Watching Akok on the bench in tears was heart breaking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom