Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Building a tradition.

ForumRunner_20140927_151830.png

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's a dumb idea. Who he hell wants to sit in an empty stadium for a long time while everyone is having fun 100 yards away.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Weird how the section above and to the left have no fans. Pretty sure those are for the general public. Nice bias

Reaction Score
I added an extra $9.99 to my comcast bill today just to watch the game on TV. I will be canceling my entire cable service after the game.

Reaction Score
By the end of first quarter, the student section was well represented. When score got out of hand, they along with the rest of the stadium emptied. Time to stop pushing the blame on students. I applaud those students in attendance. If I was in their shoes and had the chance to get back to campus, if the game was out of hand, why not leave..... Time to let students be students. Maybe, for those who want to criticize their leaving early, their attitude is a mirrored reflection and the view many of you are seeing -a paper tiger of a fanbase. They CAN'T be expected to hit campus and within a year be invested to the extent most of us are and bleed blue. Tradition and pomp takes time and can't be manufactured. Maybe it's time to stop the blame game on the students and get some OL beef on campus.....

Reaction Score
The student section will be just as loud and proud as any school when they have a winner to root for. In the mean time....

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The student section will be just as loud and proud as any school when they have a winner to root for. In the mean time....
Isn't that considered fair weather fans?
I will go and support when we are good but when we suck I'll show up late and leave early...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
that's not just the students, that's 90% of all CT fans in any sport. We have the some of the worst "fans" in america
Agreed!

Reaction Score
Sorry, I have my issues with some of the fans but to expect people to spend time watching crappy football week-in, week-out to "show their loyalty" is unrealistic.

I'm as big and as loyal a fan of UCONN football as anyone. Simply stated, if I was not a hardcore fan I would not even consider spending a nice afternoon watching this horrible football (and I use that term loosely). It's been 3 1/2 years of horrible entertainment. Mind numbing, painful "entertainment". I seriously doubt we could beat Yale at this point.

Check out attendance figures and game highlights from Fenway Park in the early 1990's when they sucked.

Reaction Score
Actually, the original post is far more assinine than the criticism it got to date. The time stamp on the post is over 40 minutes before kick off. Seriously -- how stupid does one have to be to think the team is being done good, or the program is being done good, by having fans in their seats 45 minutes before the game starts?

The product is unwatchable. Only jerks are focused on fans at the moment.

Reaction Score
It's a dumb idea. Who he hell wants to sit in an empty stadium for a long time while everyone is having fun 100 yards away.

The point to be made is, how can UCONN make it so you are having fun INSIDE the stadium?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The point to be made is, how can UCONN make it so you are having fun INSIDE the stadium?

An hour before the game?

Besides a hamsterdam type situation they can't.

Nobody in their right mind is sitting in an empty stadium watching punters and kickers warm up when there are tens of thousands tailgating right outside.

Reaction Score
Pictures taken at about same time at beginning of stony brook game:

7JFjbu1MrvpHVCBrcgTTGeEBe1iPbq_pHMAVtbZrjTt7cd_E2YlQhpWBogvog8xApeM0ecfC9SRStkBEbpoAFeP4Du0PvI0_=w1205-h520

JXDMY-aRTQ1KqmLBWJj491PMfrmTP4pkU3Nq-KBwbAko8yJzejQo4xnGUOFx2quVKFIMLWQngLLXfrNtRs6YXruqKd2HCug-=w1205-h520

Stop taking shots at students they are always on their feet making noise, same thing can't be said about the rest of the stadium.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Anyone blaming the students for being smart enough to avoid another 3.5 hours of public embarrassment is speaking out of envy and nothing more.
Lol - so the students are only expected when the FB team is playing well - otherwise they are smart and educated for staying away? That's fair weather in my book. You show in good and bad times.
That's support.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
image.jpg
Pictures taken at about same time at beginning of stony brook game:

7JFjbu1MrvpHVCBrcgTTGeEBe1iPbq_pHMAVtbZrjTt7cd_E2YlQhpWBogvog8xApeM0ecfC9SRStkBEbpoAFeP4Du0PvI0_=w1205-h520

JXDMY-aRTQ1KqmLBWJj491PMfrmTP4pkU3Nq-KBwbAko8yJzejQo4xnGUOFx2quVKFIMLWQngLLXfrNtRs6YXruqKd2HCug-=w1205-h520

Stop taking shots at students they are always on their feet making noise, same thing can't be said about the rest of the stadium.
Can't see the pics.
This is the beginning of video as the team entered stadium. Couldn't upload video too big. Not an hour before game.
Just saying if they are on their feet making noise it's after the game started and prior to mid 3rd qtr. if that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 48

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm as big of a critic of the student section in years past as anyone but this isn't the year to get on them. We have a LONG way to go before we can begin to worry about attendance. CR stuff be damned...we just have to worry about finding a pulse in our football program right now. After that, then I'll worry about attendance again.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
Lol - so the students are only expected when the FB team is playing well - otherwise they are smart and educated for staying away? That's fair weather in my book. You show in good and bad times. That's support.

There is nothing interesting about this team that makes it worth their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom