Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
NYY/TB/TOR is going to be a war.

Reaction Score
NYY/TB/TOR is going to be a war.

Tampa's pitching is real good......it's early but the Yanks again have nooone, especially Texierra, that ever gets big hits unless Cano is hot it seems....leave people on base, can't move runners or even hit a fly ball or pull a groundball with runners in scoring position with 1 out.......until they rid themselves of slappy Gardner and get a solid .320 hitter again in the lineup they will not be in the running with these young teams getting better I'm afraid.........also if Pineda isn' the real deal and Pettite doesn't come back, how good can they be with Hughes as #3???

Again way too early but I think the Yanks and Sox will be lucky to have either of them playing for a wild card this year!!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Toronto, as expected, looks very dangerous. Yankees are obviously going to be fine. The Rays don't need much hitting if they continue to pitch the way they did against the Yankees.

If Baltimore turns out to be a 70 win team, the Sox will not reach .500.

Reaction Score
LOL...the Sox won't reach .500? Please...Tigers may be the best team in the AL this year. Without two bullpen collapses...they'd have 2 wins.

Let's start making such crazy assumptions a little after one series, mmmkay?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Gardner is one of the better players on the team, not sure where the criticism's coming from. Hey, Ibanez isn't a slap-hitter- give me Gardner every time.

Hughes looked a lot better yesterday than he did last year. He threw 65% strikes or thereabouts. Tampa fouled off a million pitches. Maybe he needs to be willing to expand the zone a bit more, but he was able to throw the changeup for a strike repeatedly, which is amazing in and of itself.

Reaction Score
Tampa's pitching is real good......it's early but the Yanks again have nooone, especially Texierra, that ever gets big hits unless Cano is hot it seems....leave people on base, can't move runners or even hit a fly ball or pull a groundball with runners in scoring position with 1 out.......until they rid themselves of slappy Gardner and get a solid .320 hitter again in the lineup they will not be in the running with these young teams getting better I'm afraid.........also if Pineda isn' the real deal and Pettite doesn't come back, how good can they be with Hughes as #3???

Again way too early but I think the Yanks and Sox will be lucky to have either of them playing for a wild card this year!!

They scored 12 runs in the first two games against Tampa Bay; can't get too down on the offense. Odds are at least one of Pineda/Pettitte will contribute, CC is a rock and Mo won't blow too many more saves. I'm not a big Gardner fan either, but I read somewhere, that with new metrics, he's considered the best defensive left fielder in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom