Great Geno-Diana dialogue | The Boneyard

Great Geno-Diana dialogue

Reaction Score
A nice chat between D and her old coach. Geno doesn't mind talking and is opinionated, but D was the better schmoozer this time around.

I know the general consensus is that no way D would want to take over from Geno when the day comes; I myself have argued that that won't happen. If, however, she surprised us all and did take the job she'd be so like Geno in many ways. Neither are particularly impressed by high school accomplishments, with an attitude of kid, you have to show me what you can do at the big time college level. Both are more concerned with attitude and willingness to work and learn than raw talent. Sure, you have to learn all the fundamentals via practice, practice, practice. Attitude makes good players great and wins championships. It's clear D has everyone's back; equally clear she won't accept BS.

Reaction Score
A nice chat between D and her old coach. Geno doesn't mind talking and is opinionated, but D was the better schmoozer this time around.

I know the general consensus is that no way D would want to take over from Geno when the day comes; I myself have argued that that won't happen. If, however, she surprised us all and did take the job she'd be so like Geno in many ways. Neither are particularly impressed by high school accomplishments, with an attitude of kid, you have to show me what you can do at the big time college level. Both are more concerned with attitude and willingness to work and learn than raw talent. Sure, you have to learn all the fundamentals via practice, practice, practice. Attitude makes good players great and wins championships. It's clear D has everyone's back; equally clear she won't accept BS.
I mean do we have any idea if she can coach a lick?

Reaction Score
Can she coach a lick? Can't say I know since she has no coaching experience. Of course coaches who do have experience bomb out all the time. Hiring a new coach is a crap shoot even with the best vetting. If D applied for the job I'd take my chances and feel pretty confident she would produce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom