Great game tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Great game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
On the rare occasions when UConn loses, they are typically very close games, often overtime or at the last possession. (Maybe GA doesn't know how to coach close games.) I'm too lazy to research this, but if anyone knows or wants to look it up, since, say, 2001 or 2002, what are the 5 biggest margins that UConn has lost by? Geno's teams are extremely rarely out of a game with 4-5 minutes left even when they lose.

The worst loss I ever sat through was the game against Duke in Hartford where Duke's press destroyed a UConn backcourt that had DT in it in order to stage a big late rally and won at the buzzer when Duke's guard from Australia hit a pretty long 3. Unlike those three close ND games where a few bad possessions at the end hurt UConn, in that Duke game UConn had a big enough lead (big enough for a typical UConn team to protect) with about 3-4 minutes left and totally fell apart.

Reaction Score
On the rare occasions when UConn loses, they are typically very close games, often overtime or at the last possession. (Maybe GA doesn't know how to coach close games.) I'm too lazy to research this, but if anyone knows or wants to look it up, since, say, 2001 or 2002, what are the 5 biggest margins that UConn has lost by? Geno's teams are extremely rarely out of a game with 4-5 minutes left even when they lose.

The worst loss I ever sat through was the game against Duke in Hartford where Duke's press destroyed a UConn backcourt that had DT in it in order to stage a big late rally and won at the buzzer when Duke's guard from Australia hit a pretty long 3. Unlike those three close ND games where a few bad possessions at the end hurt UConn, in that Duke game UConn had a big enough lead (big enough for a typical UConn team to protect) with about 3-4 minutes left and totally fell apart.
The first game I ever saw in person was a 20+ walloping by UNC (04-05?). We also lost by 20+ to LSU in the 07 Elite Eight. Those are the two that jump to mind.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
They won't beat us in Columbia. My job is to get in the heads of their coaches and players and I do a good job of it. ;)

You get over there, I SAY YOU GET OVER THERE, boy, and mess, I SAY MESS WITH THEIR HEADS til they cain't tell which is up!! Pay attention when I'm talkin to you, boy! You get over there and MESS!! We all on your side now, you hear, leastways for a month or two.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You get over there, I SAY YOU GET OVER THERE, boy, and mess, I SAY MESS WITH THEIR HEADS til they cain't tell which is up!! Pay attention when I'm talkin to you, boy! You get over there and MESS!! We all on your side now, you hear, leastways for a month or two.

I do love my Foghorn Leghorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom