Great game tonight | The Boneyard

Great game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congratulations; you guys deserve the number one ranking. I hope to see you in Tampa. If not, we are playing in Columbia next season.
We'll be there. Can't imagine you won't be there. Good game

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Thank you... Hope you don't disappear now from the board. I was looking forward to meeting you in Florence at some point. I guess it might wait until the Final Four... Are you at all interested???

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
looking forward to the SC game next year ... Dawn has built a real following down there and it should be a lot of fun!

Tonight ... welcome to the doghouse! :rolleyes::cool:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Thank you... Hope you don't disappear now from the board. I was looking forward to meeting you in Florence at some point. I guess it might wait until the Final Four... Are you at all interested???
Maybe at the Final Four. Florence is not very close to where I live. I'm definitely not disappearing from your board; I appreciate passionate fans.

Reaction Score
Thanks, man.

This game was actually good for SC's development; the more Staley and company play this sort of team, the better they will get. (the SEC is a powerful conference, but they haven't really had a super-strong, super-intimidating team since the Parker era)

Try to add Notre Dame to your schedule as well...and keep scheduling us. Our programs will both be better for it. ;)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Congratulations; you guys deserve the number one ranking. I hope to see you in Tampa. If not, we are playing in Columbia next season.
I was very impressed with SC. Looking forward to the Tenn game. Would love to see you guys play ND. Maybe in the semi-Finals. That would be an awesome struggle. And UConn on a cold shooting night would also be a struggle. Good luck the rest of the season. SC will at the top for the next few years.

Reaction Score
Really was a great game. South Carolina was one of the better teams we have played. I'd like to see them and Notre dame in the final four against one another prior to going againstUCONN in the final

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO for South Carolina to get to the F4 and the Championship game, their offense needs to improve. There are teams out there that have good outside shooting that can take them down if they're not careful. They average 78 points a game, but a lot of that is because of the weak OOC schedule they had where they blew out their opponents. They only scored 51 points against Duke and 58 against Georgia. Got to score more points against the Better teams.

Reaction Score
Thank you. SC has some fine looking players. It will be interesting to see how much they improve by FF time. And this UConn team is still untested in a close game. Smile, you're on candid camera.

T

TroyHouse66

cock-leg:
Thank you.(Ah said.. Thank you.)
It has been pleasure to make your acquaintance this year.
Dawn is certainly on her way...
Sorry, probably won't be down to Cha'ston until our nephew finishes at CofC. We were in for the Hunley funeral(s) & the older nephew's wedding, and figure it will take at least two more weeks to eat our way through the City.
LSt
1st Sgt,
Co. E (Oconee Riflemen), 1st SC (Orr's) Reg't of Rifles

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let me echo what the others have said. First I appreciate our SC guests. Passionate but respectful, they are, of course welcome anytime.
Second SC is a good that's only going to get better. You are going to be an incredibly difficult team to play next year, especially at home. I'm looking forward to it.

I fully expect that we'll see you again this year. Until that game, I wish you guys the best the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Thanks, man.

This game was actually good for SC's development; the more Staley and company play this sort of team, the better they will get. (the SEC is a powerful conference, but they haven't really had a super-strong, super-intimidating team since the Parker era)

Try to add Notre Dame to your schedule as well...and keep scheduling us. Our programs will both be better for it. ;)
I agree with your post in general but I don't consider the SEC a POWERFUL conference, they have a little more strength at the top but I don't think they are even close to being the conference that the Big East was prior to Syracuse and Louisville and Notre Dame leaving and then the football schools, as well. How many teams were we sending to the tournament in those last years, 9 teams???? You have Kentucky and Tennessee and South Carolina and maybe a decent Georgia team and what else? The ACC is a better conference insofar as I'm concerned and if Notre Dame was in the SEC instead of the ACC, I think they'd be the conference champion. I think Kentucky gets far too much credit for being good and I'm still holding judgement on how could Tennessee is until they play this same SC team. I think all these teams have had some pretty weak performances, particularly over the past couple of weeks. UConn's winning margin has gotten a lot of people to think our conference sucks but with the victory tonight and our victory over Notre Dame earlier, maybe people might reconsider how UConn can make even very good teams look bad with the victory margin.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UConn's winning margin has gotten a lot of people to think our conference sucks but with the victory tonight and our victory over Notre Dame earlier, maybe people might reconsider how UConn can make even very good teams look bad with the victory margin.
This is a very good point that gets lost when looking at Uconn dominance. Even in the best years of the BE there was only ever one team that gave Uconn a good game consistently ... Rutgers for a few years and then ND. Uconn's winning margin against the BE was about 30 points every year, against ranked teams the last few years it was about 25 points. And ND made the rest of the ACC look pretty ordinary last year just as Uconn has in the OOC games they have played against those teams.
AAC is not great, but if Uconn beats the top end of the SEC and ACC by 25, how much would they beat the rest of those conferences by? 40? They could probably dictate the margin by how much time the end of the bench played.

Reaction Score
Gotta say how good it is to have fans from various schools on this board. Glad to hear you're sticking around. Loved tonight's game (and the result), but man does your team have an upside!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Let me echo what the others have said. First I appreciate our SC guests. Passionate but respectful, they are, of course welcome anytime.
Second SC is a good that's only going to get better. You are going to be an incredibly difficult team to play next year, especially at home. I'm looking forward to it.

I fully expect that we'll see you again this year. Until that game, I wish you guys the best the rest of the way.

I agree, but I can't help but wonder if the dynamic will change considerably if & when (Probably when) they start beating us like Notre Dame did

Reaction Score
I agree, but I can't help but wonder if the dynamic will change considerably if & when (Probably when) they start beating us like Notre Dame did

What makes you think they will start to beat us that often?

When Stewie and MoJeff leave -- and I think Tuck will leave-- we'll have that year with just Chong as a senior. We're susceptible. After that year- we could still win in Chong's sr year- we're going to pretty formidable with experience and maybe some other super recruits as well. You really think USC is going to be like ND with what we have coming?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I really don't know how intense a rivalry can be with a distance of 800 miles. We're always going to care more about beating Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky in every sport because we live amongst their fans. The internet does soften the distance quite a bit, though. I hope we do play you guys every year.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I really don't know how intense a rivalry can be with a distance of 800 miles. We're always going to care more about beating Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky in every sport because we live amongst their fans. The internet does soften the distance quite a bit, though. I hope we do play you guys every year.

It's just about that far from Hartford to both South Bend and Knoxville. No problem

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What makes you think they will start to beat us that often?

When Stewie and MoJeff leave -- and I think Tuck will leave-- we'll have that year with just Chong as a senior. We're susceptible. After that year- we could still win in Chong's sr year- we're going to pretty formidable with experience and maybe some other super recruits as well. You really think USC is going to be like ND with what we have coming?

I don't really think that at this point - but things can change. After all there was a time when nobody couldn't envision ND beating us with any regularity but they did for a short while. I'm was just offering the thought in the sense of it testing the civility that exists between the fan bases right now.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Stay around and let's keep talking basketball. You are a welcome addition to this board.

Your team is young and talented. Dawn is a hell of a coach. Good things will continue for you guys. Hope to see you in Tampa!

And beat Tennessee. I'll be rooting for you to crush them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom