Great frontcourt or greatest frontcourt? | The Boneyard

Great frontcourt or greatest frontcourt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Where do you rank Stewie, Morgan, and Kaleena in comparison to other great UConn frontcourts?

Other frontcourts you might consider:
Of course, waiting until the end of the season to make this sort of judgement is a perfectly reasonable answer :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Let's be honest - if they (Stewie, Morgan and Kaleena) win a 3rd NC, then IMHO you would have to consider them the greatest. Only Diana has won 3 NC's and in 2 of them, she was surrounded by the TASS team you mentioned.

mr006

Reaction Score
Is my mind going, or did Diana have only 1 championship with that trio (2002)?

Not that it matters to the question at hand...

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Is my mind going, or did Diana have only 1 championship with that trio (2002)?

Not that it matters to the question at hand...

Just one with that trio. The other season she played with them was '01. Let's not talk about how that season ended.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Let's be honest - if they (Stewie, Morgan and Kaleena) win a 3rd NC, then IMHO you would have to consider them the greatest. Only Diana has won 3 NC's and in 2 of them, she was surrounded by the TASS team you mentioned.

Nah. 'Cuz Morgan was not there for lots of it, Stef was, and Kaleena was mostly hanging outside looking for a pass for an uncontested 3 (per Geno yesterday), and being old school I don't think that qualifies as front court. 2002 is still the best and will be after we (salt over shoulder) win the NC for a 3rd time in a row for the second time?? I lose track.;)

Reaction Score
Next year could be their best, but only for one year. Hopefully Breanna, Morgan and Natalie can put it all together. It helps that Natalie can practice with the team.

Next year they will also have KLS, Collier, Boykin and Ekmark coming off the bench for frontcourt help. That's if Butler starts. If Stewart,Tuck and KLS start then you could have a complete substitution, a la Kentucky's mens team, with a combination of Ekmark, Collier, Boykin, Butler.
Obviously, I left someone out. I see Williams in the backcourt next year. We have plenty of frontcourt players but are a bit short in the backcourt. Williams would provide the best defense against the opposing teams guards of all the choices that UConn has, imo.

Reaction Score

Do you mean as a starter because Jessica Moore, Ashley Battle, and Maria Conlon played on all three of those championship teams?

To answer the OP's question, the current trio must be given substantial consideration. To think that any trio can be compared to a trio consisting of Maya Moore and Tina Charles, both of whom were national players of the year, is a credit unto itself.
Let us also remember that Tina and Maya have gone on to become WNBA MVPs.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Do you mean as a starter because Jessica Moore, Ashley Battle, and Maria Conlon played on all three of those championship teams?
well yes, but then again, Morgan did not start or play last year so yeah, its all muddy for sure!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Swin Ashja Tamika did not spend a whole lot of court time together as it was often two plus ___.
Moore, Charles and anyone was pretty formidable! Two NPOY in the same year!
Stef, Maya, and Kelly wasn't to shabby and Stef, Breanna, KML last year was pretty good as well minus all of KML's problems.

But Rebecca, Kara, Jamelle may be the best.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I liked the front court of Stef, Stewie, and Kiah last year. They were really tough to score on. Kaleena was in the backcourt with Mo or Bria.

I think any front court with Tina Charles and Maya Moore has to be at the top. Those are TWO NPOY players who became WNBA MVPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom