Great crowd | The Boneyard

Great crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I was pretty convinced (along with my friends) that the XL would be fairly empty today because of the storm. Man we were wrong. It was a packed house with fans making tons of noise at all the right times. I got in at 11:02 AM and the bar was already almost full. I was lucky to find one seat but my friends who arrived later weren't so lucky.

Also, the U-C-O-N-N chants were some of the loudest I can recall. Great job by the fans. Brought back some great memories.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Very impressed with the crowd, especially how many I met who were as stupid as me and came knowing they'd have a brutal drive home going into where the snow was much worse.

Gotta admit I didn't think the roads were going to be as bad as they were. So...even more stupidly I stayed around for a long lunch before heading home. Oof. Time for a drink!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
yep.....great crowd....awesome to see 16K fans at out homecourt.
Were you at Rocking Horse beforehand? It was empty when I got there but it filled up real quick and I didn't see you in a quick scan of the crowd on my way out to meet another friend at Will Call.

They gotta clean the tap lines in that place. The Lil' Heaven I got at the XL tasted far better than the Flower Power and Captain Lawrence IPA I had at Rocking Horse.

Reaction Score
It sounded great on TV... the ending of the game felt so intense. Wish i wasn't stuck in this blizzard in Jersey!

Reaction Score
Im happy that so many people were able to make it to the game to give them a home court advantage. I think they really needed that to help them get he win today

Reaction Score
I was there. Great atmosphere. No Scott Haney jokes today.

Reaction Score
Very loud & supportive crowd.

Didn't get home til almost 5! 91 sucked & 95 worse. Couldn't see the water at Long Wharf from highway.

Reaction Score
Can someone point me to some highlights of this game. Not having much luck.

Reaction Score
Can someone point me to some highlights of this game. Not having much luck.
I know ESPN an CBS sports didn't want to show highlights of us. Rather show that crappy Ball St. ending.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Were you at Rocking Horse beforehand? It was empty when I got there but it filled up real quick and I didn't see you in a quick scan of the crowd on my way out to meet another friend at Will Call.

They gotta clean the tap lines in that place. The Lil' Heaven I got at the XL tasted far better than the Flower Power and Captain Lawrence IPA I had at Rocking Horse.

Yes....I was at Rockinghorse from 10:45 to 11:45....in front of one of the benches across from the bar. The Lil' Heaven I was drinking at the Horse seemed okay. Yep...it was got crowded. Stopped at the Federal after the game. Haven't seen that place so filled in a long time. Had a nice Grapefruit Sculpin.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Game shoulda been played at Gampel. XL sucks and caters to the corporate fan..

Reaction Score
Was at the game and the crowd was active and got loud before the team did something good. It was a proactive crowd and not a reactive one, which has been missing of late.

Credit to team tho for responding with some good plays after the crowd got loud. I've been at some other games this season and at times in the crowd got loud to spur on the team, but the team simply didn't respond and made some crowd quieting mistakes. Not today. The team made some big time plays, especially during winning time.

Reaction Score
It sure helps to have an opponent we care about. Went to Woody's for the first time today. Enjoyed it. Casual and had a good seat.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As has been confirmed on the Yard over the past few years, Jacobs is spot on today when he writes, "Those who moan that all games should be at Gampel are either 21 years old, hate the city of Hartford or are nitwits."

Reaction Score
How about the fan who hit the half court shot!!
Too bad he wasn't shooting for the car like the guy before him was. Awesome regardless.

this was definitely the best xl crowd i've seen in a while and I'm itching to go to cincy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom