Great Crowd Tonight | The Boneyard

Great Crowd Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had a great time at the game tonight. The students came out in force and were fun and never let the place get quiet. The singing of the national anthem was fun with the band playing. I thought there weren't to many empty seats and that was great. To bad North Carolina played with no intensity. I know they have a ton of injuries, but they were lifeless.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, box score said attendance was 9,221. Not bad for a game that didn't figure to be that competitive on a school night with bad weather on the horizon.

Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was great as well. Too bad I missed the halfcourt shot...badly :(
But great win for UCONN

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was great as well. Too bad I missed the halfcourt shot...badly :( But great win for UCONN
i always wondered who they got from the audience for the half time antics. of course i wasn't at the game but how fun for you! getting back to the crowd, it sounded lively on TV even tho it was a blowout. i have a question on the student section - they do a lot of chanting/singing when not much is happening. what is that all about? as a side note, i recall seeing the WVU game and one of their players fouled out and the camera happened to be on her for the "left/right" chant. when she got to her seat, she was smiling as she faked the students out by pretending to sit down. it was a funny moment.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
i always wondered who they got from the audience for the half time antics. of course i wasn't at the game but how fun for you! getting back to the crowd, it sounded lively on TV even tho it was a blowout. i have a question on the student section - they do a lot of chanting/singing when not much is happening. what is that all about? as a side note, i recall seeing the WVU game and one of their players fouled out and the camera happened to be on her for the "left/right" chant. when she got to her seat, she was smiling as she faked the students out by pretending to sit down. it was a funny moment.
A lot of the chants are situation-specific- like during free throws. They also will start mimicking the action on the court ("Doink, Doink, pass, doink,..AAAAAAAAAAAH[if someone's holding the ball doing nothing]..., pass, shoot, MISS!!!]. They also sang happy birthday to Kelly last night. Generally, the focusing is on being distracting and staying engaged during a blowout.

Geno was appreciative of the crowd last night. From his Twitter account:

Amazing night at Gampel. Student section packed. My boys in the front row. Love you guys. #soproudofmy team

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Glad to be apart of the front row crew. People ask all the time how we stay entertained during blowouts, well last night's game was just an example if you happened to be in attendance. Some of it is finding ways to "make fun of" players names', and we almost always have a U-C-O-N-N (Go Huskies Go) U-C(Let's Go) or Let's Go Huskies! chant going when we're on offense. If something happens on the court such as last night when we were able to hear a UNC player yell "Yo!" we were able to have some fun with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom