OT: - Great article on NIL | The Boneyard

OT: Great article on NIL

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Today’s online version of the New York Times has a comprehensive article on some of downside ramifications of NIL. I’m writing this on a cell phone so I can’t provide a link, and a subscription to the NYT is required.

The article’s title is Student. Athlete. Mogul?

Reaction Score
Now that advertisers and donors can choose to pay athletes directly, that struggle is likely to be exacerbated. Bacot’s income is nearly double the entire budget of, say, North Carolina’s swim teams. And while it was easy to imagine a booster pointing toward Bacot during a game and boasting that his donations helped keep him at North Carolina, it was harder to conjure the image of someone at Bowman Gray Memorial Pool telling a friend: “That chlorine in the water? That’s from me.”
Cunningham oversees 28 varsity sports. If money continues to be siphoned away from the athletic department, he is skeptical that all the teams can survive, at least at the Division I level. This might be the hidden cost of allowing college players to earn what the market will give them, and a price he is reluctant to pay. “Because we value all the sports,” he says. “And this is not going backward.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom