Great ammo for UConn in forcing AAC teams to open up Tier 3 rights | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Great ammo for UConn in forcing AAC teams to open up Tier 3 rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's about 629 reasons why the Fox News comparison is illogical for this situation.

The Shouty Network has no audience. It isn't going to grow.

Awful Announcing had some numbers on ESPN today.

Number one in cable in all the key demos.

Those hires by Fox are the biggest waste of money in television history. It's not a shocker this Fox guy hiring the 'talent' lasted so little time at his last job.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There's about 629 reasons why the Fox News comparison is illogical for this situation.

The Shouty Network has no audience. It isn't going to grow.
I got it! Get Vice Sports to start a network and broadcast live sporting events!

Wait... they're owned by Hearst and Disney. Nevermind.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I got it! Get Vice Sports to start a network and broadcast live sporting events!

I think one network nobody watches is enough for Vice right now.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
And how would that work exactly?

UConn: We don't want to include our T3 rights in the conference deal this year, we can get more money for them on our own.

Aresco: Well you have to.

UConn: [quietly] okay.

Why would we? If we can get more for a tier 3 rights from SNY than we can get for our tier 1-3 rights from the conference contract... why would we do it? If they want our tier 3 rights then they have to pay us for them. I don't think ANYONE in the UConn AD thought for a second that the TV contract was going to be as bad as it was. The days of conference unity are long gone. Most of these schools were in CUSA just a little while ago. Tulsa should kiss our ass... otherwise they'd be looking at $200k per year and the BeIN network... and not $1 mil per and ESPN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because you are apart of the conference or you aren't. If you are, they will package our tier 3 rights into the tv deal to make it more desirable to ESPN. If you aren't apart of the conference then you are an independent, likely without nationally broadcast games and struggling to cobble together a schedule for every sport we carry.

Reaction Score
Because you are apart of the conference or you aren't. If you are, they will package our tier 3 rights into the tv deal to make it more desirable to ESPN. If you aren't apart of the conference then you are an independent, likely without nationally broadcast games and struggling to cobble together a schedule for every sport we carry.

As I wrote though, tell the big market schools like Cincy, Memphis, Houston, UCF, USF, and one more (Tulane?) to put their money where their mouth is. 7 out of 10 schools > 66% majority to vote on rights for TV package.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As I wrote though, tell the big market schools like Cincy, Memphis, Houston, UCF, USF, and one more (Tulane?) to put their money where their mouth is. 7 out of 10 schools > 66% majority to vote on rights for TV package.
I was replying to Imind.

I think that what you are proposing is lobby the schools that could have valuable T3 rights so that you'd have the votes to block a deal. That could work. I'm not sure that any of them have T3 rights that are as valuable as ours are. I doubt that they's all line up with us, but you could try.

Reaction Score
If those other networks keep buying up premium content, they'll be a lot closer to ESPN in a few years. If FS1 is showing the best B12 and Big Ten games, people will know where to find it.

I know where to find FS1 and don't watch it and who can predict where the AAC will be in a few years. Anyone have the figures for the Big East. Games. I think they were pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom