Great AAC match up right now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Great AAC match up right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
what's a Pastnor?

and UConn has amazing pedigree, I'm happy to share a conference with you guys...be miserable if you want, it matters not to me.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Typical AAC reefereeinng(this guys have got to be stoned) Tulsa player jumps on the back of two East Carolina players with 5 seconds left. Both players lurched forward. Tulsa guy gets rebound. Game over.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
what's a Pastnor?

and UConn has amazing pedigree, I'm happy to share a conference with you guys...be miserable if you want, it matters not to me.

Well we hate having to share this conference with you. You're from the C-USA, so getting to play UConn 2-3 times a year must be a blessing to you. UConn is coming from the greatest conference in the history of college basketball. This is hell to us. Don't make it worse.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
good game. Tulsa wins 66-64

Tulsa moves on to 14-5 (7-0 in the AAC)

Tulsa, SMU, Cincy, and Temple look like NCAA teams to me.

UConn, Memphis, and Tulane look like NIT teams.
Only 3 teams will get in. UConn is the wild card because they have the conference tournament at home so possibly 4 could get in. Tulsa played no one in the OOC and will have to win 14-15 games to get in. They still have to play @SMU, @Memphis, @Uconn, Cincinnati and SMU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why the arrogance? with a 10-7 record thought we would be more humble

When you wrote the Inferno it was about the AAC wasn't it?

As for the record. This might be news to some but regular season records don't much matter.

Oh because UConn missed some free throws and got beat at the buzzer a few times that means we should be lumped in with East ******* Carolina. That shouldn't be an affront to a team with 4 National Championships in 15 years. A schools that spent 30 years battling night after night within the best league that has ever existed.

Oh because UConn lost some REGULAR SEASON games we should just accept Tulane and East Carolina into our hearts.

Seriously the AAC is a ******* living nightmare. UConn is in a 5 game conference stretch where 4 opponents have RPIs that HAVE THREE DIGITS AND START WITH TWO.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Great.

It's a high school gym.

And they built that practice court? Looks like the Taj Mahal.

If you run out of bounds at an ECU practice, you're killed instantly by a wall.

In that case, Dion Carson, Cup Cormier and Monquencio Hardnett would all be dead if they had to practice there. Cup in particular never slowed down on the break. Just ran through the cheerleaders and into the student section. Unfortunately, sometimes he was still dribbling when he did that.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

As for the record. This might be news to some but regular season records don't much matter.

Oh because UConn missed some free throws and got beat at the buzzer a few times that means we should be lumped in with East ******* Carolina. That shouldn't be an affront to a team with 4 National Championships in 15 years. A schools that spent 30 years battling night after night within the best league that has ever existed.

Oh because UConn lost some REGULAR SEASON games we should just accept Tulane and East Carolina into our hearts.

Seriously the AAC is a ******* living nightmare. UConn is in a 5 game conference stretch where 4 opponents have RPIs that HAVE THREE DIGITS AND START WITH TWO.

UConn won &^%ing title out of that conference...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn won &^%ing title out of that conference...

Yeah with players that they recruited in the Big East. That UConn overcame the pile of dogsh!t that is the AAC isn't a feather in the AAC's cap.

Reaction Score
No it isn't. It belongs to a dumpy CUSA team.
Come on, be nice, it has more baskets than MJ's house court, and just as many seats.

mj4-1330708176.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
stop acting like little b&%$#es, seriously...

Stop trying to engage on a topic you don't understand.

Playing in Conference USA is beneath UConn. If you feel the need to spread the Gospel of Memphis to the world understand that obvious fact.

Reaction Score

I was one the many who said this was a one bid league and guess what? UConn has struggle in this " C-USA league" and from the looks of it we are not getting that one bid, we are banking on the AACT

Tulsa is having a good year so let's trash them because well they are from the C-USA. We are UConn I get it I also get UConn didn't start day one with 4 national championships.
Let's attack the Memphis fan because he's pointing out how ECU is trying to get better, is that us showing class or us being jerks?
And who is lumping UConn with ECU? and what is your problem UConn losses this year was more then just missed fts, those UConn teams from the BE is not the one we seeing on the court this year is it? Last year championship team is not the one we are seeing this year either, Jesus I said I thought we would be more humble and you get your panties in a twist.

Tulsa, Houston and USF made hires to get better whats to say other won't follow. Losing to WV, Texas, Duke and Stanford is not the fault of those teams in the AAC with 300 plus RPI and its not their fault we lost at home to YALE.
The P-5 don't want us the 4 championships mean nothing to them, like it or not this is our home. How on earth did you get " accept Tulane and ECU in you heart" from what you quote me is beyond me let me ask you did you accept PC, Seton Hall, St. Johns, Syracuse , Depaul, Nova ect.. in to your heart? I guess I would understand if you heart is broken

Reactions: pj

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was one the many who said this was a one bid league and guess what? UConn has struggle in this " C-USA league" and from the looks of it we are not getting that one bid, we are banking on the AACT

Tulsa is having a good year so let's trash them because well they are from the C-USA. We are UConn I get it I also get UConn didn't start day one with 4 national championships.
Let's attack the Memphis fan because he's pointing out how ECU is trying to get better, is that us showing class or us being jerks?
And who is lumping UConn with ECU? and what is your problem UConn losses this year was more then just missed fts, those UConn teams from the BE is not the one we seeing on the court this year is it? Last year championship team is not the one we are seeing this year either, Jesus I said I thought we would be more humble and you get your panties in a twist.

Tulsa, Houston and USF made hires to get better whats to say other won't follow. Losing to WV, Texas, Duke and Stanford is not the fault of those teams in the AAC with 300 plus RPI and its not their fault we lost at home to YALE.
The P-5 don't want us the 4 championships mean nothing to them, like it or not this is our home. How on earth did you get " accept Tulane and ECU in you heart" from what you quote me is beyond me let me ask you did you accept PC, Seton Hall, St. Johns, Syracuse , Depaul, Nova ect.. in to your heart? I guess I would understand if you heart is broken

OMG UConn is having an off season. So that means ECU can't be mocked.

ECU has a practice court! They are trying so hard!

Sorry I don't have Stockholm Syndrome.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Stop trying to engage on a topic you don't understand.

Playing in Conference USA is beneath UConn. If you feel the need to spread the Gospel of Memphis to the world understand that obvious fact.

want some cheese with that whine?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
want some cheese with that whine?

What's it like having two Final Fours wiped from the record books?

The current state of Memphis basketball=what Memphis really is when they aren't openly cheating. Which is: nothing special.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
zls44 said:
What's it like having two Final Fours wiped from the record books? .
Apropos of nothing but I hope someone gets to ask RoyWilliams that question soon!

Reaction Score
OMG UConn is having an off season. So that means ECU can't be mocked.

ECU has a practice court! They are trying so hard!

Sorry I don't have Stockholm Syndrome.

LOL there you go again. Do you really feel the need to mock ECU? Look I wish we were in the Big Ten I really do I promise you but we are stuck here. What can I possibly gain by trash talking ECU and Tulane and calling this league garbage. Does Kentucky call the SEC garbage? Does Arizona calls the Pac 12 garbage?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
LOL there you go again. Do you really feel the need to mock ECU? Look I wish we were in the Big Ten I really do I promise you but we are stuck here. What can I possibly gain by trash talking ECU and Tulane and calling this league garbage. Does Kentucky call the SEC garbage? Does Arizona calls the Pac 12 garbage?

You do see the difference between the AAC and the PAC and SEC right?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I only mock those schools when someone tries to legitimize them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why the arrogance? with a 10-7 record thought we would be more humble
I'm not big on boasting but I guess four national championships might buy you some bragging rights.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
U of M, you come here to insult us when we don't kowtow to your delusions of your program being on the same plane as ours. Don't you have Memphis boards out there?

Reaction Score
Bad conference or not, some of you posters are making us sound like real s.
I would have expected UConn to totally dominate the conference, but the fact is UConn has been poor in football, mediocre in basketball (men) (in conference), and not really too stellar in most olympic sports. Predicted to finish fourth in baseball this year. So I don't think there is room for bragging. We are all disappointed to be relegated to this conference, but I don't see the bragging rights here. UConn was more competitive in the BE than it is in the AAC. Maybe it is a mental block. I am not sure. We all want out, but I don't think we need to denigrate our current brethren. We keep talking about pedigree. Yet it seems to me that programs like KY, Duke, Kansas, are always in the mix. UConn sometimes flirts with the bubble. I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom