Grant Wahl died in Qatar | The Boneyard

Grant Wahl died in Qatar

Reaction Score
I had to do a double take when I read it because I figured I must have read the name wrong. Damn.

Reaction Score
Awful, awful news. Grant was genuinely the nicest guy - always approachable and LOVED talking the game with fans. I’ll always cherish the memories with him at NB4’s and US games, especially the 2015 gold cup QF in Baltimore.. where he bought us rounds of shots at the AO bar. He was one of us and he will truly be missed. RIP

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Always enjoyed his coverage. One of the people that really helped grow the sport here. He was denied admission to a match last week due to his shirt. I hope they do a very thorough investigation. Hopefully just an unfortunate illness as this suggests but we should make sure

Reaction Score
49 years old. Just happened to criticize Qatar and their “World Cup executive” in an article yesterday. Beyond shady.
Unfortunately, I agree. With his support of the LGBQT people, it might honestly be a “hate crime” I hate to say.

Reaction Score
Awful, awful news. Grant was genuinely the nicest guy - always approachable and LOVED talking the game with fans. I’ll always cherish the memories with him at NB4’s and US games, especially the 2015 gold cup QF in Baltimore.. where he bought us rounds of shots at the AO bar. He was one of us and he will truly be missed. RIP
I saw pictures of Grant and the AO in a bar. Seemed like a great guy. RIP Grant

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
oh, look!
weird news from gutter, crapistan.

somehow, im not surprised.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He wrote about a declining respiratory infection of some type. Foul play is not suspected. It's a shame. Dying in a foreign country is not something I wish on anyone. It's hard enough for the family without the added hassle of international involvement.

Reaction Score
He wrote about a declining respiratory infection of some type. Foul play is not suspected. It's a shame. Dying in a foreign country is not something I wish on anyone. It's hard enough for the family without the added hassle of international involvement.
I don’t think we have enough info to determine that in either direction.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we have enough info to determine that in either direction.

Oh I think there is plenty of information about his health. He’s been sick for three weeks and had been having chest pains. People around him at the game says he was given CPR. What does that sound like?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He posted it himself
Yes, but he wouldn’t know if he was poisoned. Obviously nobody shot or stabbed him. But a very fit 48 year doesn’t usual just die if a respiratory ailment. It warrants an autopsy at the very least.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes, but he wouldn’t know if he was poisoned. Obviously nobody shot or stabbed him. But a very fit 48 year doesn’t usual just die if a respiratory ailment. It warrants an autopsy at the very least.

Have you been in hibernation since 2020? People with acute respiratory problems die all the time. Maybe instead of going down a Q style rabbit hole, start with the available facts that support the tragic yet non-nefarious most obvious conclusion.

Reaction Score
Regardless of it's murder or not, isn't it telling about Qatar (and FIFA's godawful decision to award this World Cup to them) that we can speculate that it was murder and it's not a completely outlandish speculation.

Reaction Score
Regardless of it's murder or not, isn't it telling about Qatar (and FIFA's godawful decision to award this World Cup to them) that we can speculate that it was murder and it's not a completely outlandish speculation.

No it’s not outlandish given what SA and Russia do.

And if he wasn’t sick for so long beforehand I would actually be suspicious.

Today there was an article with some quotes from witnesses and apparently nobody could find a defibrillator when he went down and he didn’t get to one while in the stadium. That didn’t surprise me one bit. In the ME they just have the same approach towards safety and health in public places. Good luck finding that first aid kit.

I lived in SA for a year and knew someone who had an infection of some kind and dropped dead from cardiac arrest. Another person had appendicitis and was infected in the hospital and died. So it doesn’t seem unbelievable from my perspective that he got sick, let it fester and then had complications.

Sometimes you just get exposed to different bad things in other parts of the world and it doesn’t go your way,

Reaction Score
Have you been in hibernation since 2020? People with acute respiratory problems die all the time. Maybe instead of going down a Q style rabbit hole, start with the available facts that support the tragic yet non-nefarious most obvious conclusion.

Get sick really bad. Keep working. You’re in a warm place. Get dehydrated. That’s a recipe for disaster.

Reaction Score

Today there was an article with some quotes from witnesses and apparently nobody could find a defibrillator when he went down and he didn’t get to one while in the stadium. That didn’t surprise me one bit. In the ME they just don’t have the same approach towards safety and health in public places. Good luck finding that first aid kit.

I lived in SA for a year and knew someone who had an infection of some kind and dropped dead from cardiac arrest. Another person had appendicitis and was infected in the hospital and died. So it doesn’t seem unbelievable from my perspective that he got sick, let it fester and then had complications.

Sometimes you just get exposed to different bad things in other parts of the world and it doesn’t go your way,

*don’t

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Have you been to Qatar? Do you know anything about the Qatar government and the palace special police? One of my good friends comes from that country and said it would not surprise him if he was injected with something because of his critical views.
I am not saying I believe he was killed
Neither of us know what happened but I'm not going around acting like I am an expert of the situation and criticize others for their views.
His death is a tragedy and his family deserves an autopsy performed by American experts - at a minimum.
I feel we can all agree on that

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Today there was an article with some quotes from witnesses and apparently nobody could find a defibrillator when he went down and he didn’t get to one while in the stadium. That didn’t surprise me one bit. In the ME they just have the same approach towards safety and health in public places. Good luck finding that first aid kit.

Where they are in Qatar it is as sophisticated and modern as any city in the world. The medical help is some of the best in the world.

Reaction Score
Where they are in Qatar it is as sophisticated and modern as any city in the world. The medical help is some of the best in the world.

Qatar is not sophisticated. It’s a wealthy place with luxuries but under that veneer it’s a joke.

Sophisticated? Where was the defibrillator? Because they couldn’t find one the other day.

Most sophisticated places have those.

Oh and why do all the rich Arabs get mimeducsk care in the west?

Reaction Score
Have you been to Qatar? Do you know anything about the Qatar government and the palace special police? One of my good friends comes from that country and said it would not surprise him if he was injected with something because of his critical views.
I am not saying I believe he was killed
Neither of us know what happened but I'm not going around acting like I am an expert of the situation and criticize others for their views.
His death is a tragedy and his family deserves an autopsy performed by American experts - at a minimum.
I feel we can all agree on that

I have.

Have you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99