'grandma jones, u got to pay up.' yanks/rays end game: who ya got? | The Boneyard

'grandma jones, u got to pay up.' yanks/rays end game: who ya got?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
in response to a reporters question after game four, aboot some college cash deal that luke had with his grandmother when he hit a homerun, voit said 'grandma jones, you got to pay up!' for tonite and other 2020 bombs. she owes bigtime, becuz luke led the majors.
does cole start?
yanks win, on to houston. in san diego. where the pa plays the song 'new york, new york.'
all very normal.

Reaction Score
in response to a reporters question after game four, aboot some college cash deal that luke had with his grandmother when he hit a homerun, voit said 'grandma jones, you got to pay up!' for tonite and other 2020 bombs. she owes bigtime, becuz luke led the majors.
does cole start?
yanks win, on to houston. in san diego. where the pa plays the song 'new york, new york.'
all very normal.
Does Cole start?

No, they're gonna start Ottavino.

Reaction Score
Cole vs. Glasnow. Glasnow on two days rest so I'd imagine since this is like this throw day he will go 1-2 innings to start. Then they go Snell. Then they go with their best 3-4 relievers and try to patchwork this like only the rays can.
It will be a tall order though for Tampa. I'd have to think Vegas is heavy on NY to win.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Cole vs. Glasnow. Glasnow on two days rest so I'd imagine since this is like this throw day he will go 1-2 innings to start. Then they go Snell. Then they go with their best 3-4 relievers and try to patchwork this like only the rays can.
It will be a tall order though for Tampa. I'd have to think Vegas is heavy on NY to win.
the other day, they said that until the playoffs, dj, gleybar, stanton, judge, voit, and hicks had been in the lineup together only 3 times in the past 2 years. maybe judge can join the hit parade. today would be a good time for him to wake up his bat. the pen has been a thing of beauty for years, and it feels like the short season has benefited chappy and zack a lot. good timing all around. fresh arms along with the real lineup? i like our chances.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
the other day, they said that until the playoffs, dj, gleybar, stanton, judge, voit, and hicks had been in the lineup together only 3 times in the past 2 years. maybe judge can join the hit parade. today would be a good time for him to wake up his bat. the pen has been a thing of beauty for years, and it feels like the short season has benefited chappy and zack a lot. good timing all around. fresh arms along with the real lineup? i like our chances.
Geez, we agree on something. But you still have to hit the ball to win. Cole does give up the hr. Boone has finally sat Sánchez in favor of a real catcher who looks to hit better and has decent power. Tampa has pretty good arms that can probably.do short stretches ok so we shall see.

Reaction Score
I was not confident before last night's game, but I'm now 100% confident with Cole on the mound. Was impressed with the team's poise last night...the bench looked calm, positive and focused.

Let's do this and bring on the Astros.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Tampa tonight. They will hit Cole on short rest then use all the arms Cash has to get to the finish line.

Reaction Score
Yanks don’t listen to Boone then I like their chances more.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think the Tampa bullpen is why they should be favored. Cole hasn't been lights out this year...hard to expect he will be on short rest. But....here is his chance to build his reputation with Yankee fans as a gamer.

I hope for a Yankee win...but it feels like it's the Rays season.

Reaction Score
An early lead will be crucial in this game, more then I have ever imagined in any game.

Reaction Score
I was not confident before last night's game, but I'm now 100% confident with Cole on the mound. Was impressed with the team's poise last night...the bench looked calm, positive and focused.

Let's do this and bring on the Astros.
It helps when you get the early lead and are never behind

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom