graham to kansas | The Boneyard

graham to kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How good is this kid anyway? Doesn't seem to be ranked that highly so why would Adams be scared off from committing to Kansas? Adams would have competition at UConn also.

Reaction Score
How good is this kid anyway? Doesn't seem to be ranked that highly so why would Adams be scared off from committing to Kansas? Adams would have competition at UConn also.
I think he's good but not the answer to their problems. I think Graham will be in over his head at Kansas. It scares me too, that we have so much depth at the Guard position when Kansas doesn't. Bottom line is that Jalen Adams would play over any Guard we have here or at Kansas!

Reaction Score
seems to have committed very early and then blown up afterwards. kansas doesnt give scholarships away to just anyone. some kids are late bloomers. anthony davis had offers from schools like cleveland state until he blew up the summer heading into his senior year. some kids just go under the radar at first. i think we will bee too loaded at guard with adams but at least this helps us if we do in fact need him.quote]

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think he's good but not the answer to their problems. I think Graham will be in over his head at Kansas. It scares me too, that we have so much depth at the Guard position when Kansas doesn't. Bottom line is that Jalen Adams would play over any Guard we have here or at Kansas!
Over Purvis? This comment made me laugh.

Reaction Score
Samuel will make some recruits think twice. He showed so much promise on the big stage. At least for the next two years I won't fret about missing out on guards. Trust me he studied Bazz and will study Boatright/Purvis. By his senior year he will be a stud, he just needs a guard to tutor come that time, continuing that trend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can Samuel hit an outside shot? I remember him taking it to the hole very well. Just hoping he either has or will develop an outside presence to his game.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Can Samuel hit an outside shot? I remember him taking it to the hole very well. Just hoping he either has or will develop an outside presence to his game.

The short answer is we really don't know, he didn't take many because that wasn't his role on the team. He did hit the only one I can remember him taking, a 3 with his toe on the line. He also was 2nd on the team in FG% behind AB.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Samuel has to work on his shot, and I'll be surprised if he's a starter next year as a sophomore. But I'll be even more surprised if he's not a fulltime starter as a junior and senior - the dude is legit. There's a reason JC gushes about him any time the kid's name is brought up.

Expecting any freshman - even one as talented as Adams - to walk onto campus and start over a kid like Samuel is a bit misguided. Remember that neither Kemba nor Shabazz started as freshmen, either.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I thoroughly believe j adams is the truth

Reaction Score
seems to have committed very early and then blown up afterwards. kansas doesnt give scholarships away to just anyone. some kids are late bloomers. anthony davis had offers from schools like cleveland state until he blew up the summer heading into his senior year. some kids just go under the radar at first. i think we will bee too loaded at guard with adams but at least this helps us if we do in fact need him.quote]
Well let's face it, even schools like Kansas take recruits that may not be up to their standards in the spring when they have a need. Kansas knew Tharpe was leaving and had a desperate need at PG. Remember Garrison (geeze forgot the kid's first name already!)?

Reaction Score
Devonte Graham is a very good player. A lot of schools are after him and have offered.

Reaction Score
I feel like Graham isn't your run of the mill late spring signing. His situation was different since App St. wouldn't release him from his LOI and he couldn't be contacted or recruited by anybody. It took the head coach being fired and him being released for schools to be able to recruit Graham without breaking any rules, and that wasn't until early April.

Reaction Score

Rivals and Scout are much higher on him than ESPN, for some reason.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
jalen adams c'mon down *fingers crossed*

Reaction Score
I like UConn's chances with Jalen Adams, but I don't see Graham's commitment having much of an impact.

They play different positions, and considering Kansas' dearth of quality guards, I don't see any reason the two couldn't co-exist.

Reaction Score
I like UConn's chances with Jalen Adams, but I don't see Graham's commitment having much of an impact.

They play different positions, and considering Kansas' dearth of quality guards, I don't see any reason the two couldn't co-exist.
I see Jalen Adams being a point guard in college, Graham is also a point guard.

Reaction Score
I see Jalen Adams being a point guard in college, Graham is also a point guard.
KU can just play the both of them together like they did with Tyshawn Taylor/Ellis Johnson or Russell Robinson/Mario Chalmers. If KU got Justin Simon then the dominos could really start to fall but I don't know where he's at in his recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom