Grading Player-- | The Boneyard

Grading Player--

Reaction Score
Full disclosure I have graded Uconn kids this year. Was I right --Was I wrong?
Retrospective seems to say: Grading players, especially on your favorite team is essentially WRONG .
If we are to grade this team on effort, hard work, intensity, the precision of play--it has to be an A Plus.
Beyond that GRADING individuals, as I have done is WRONG.
In one of my many past lives I did grade students. That grading was not EVER on one test. Like basketball some classes require outside work, lab work one aspect alone tells the instructor very little.
So, kind friends do not harshly grade me or use some subjective means with which to grade me. (or them).
I

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
You seem to have been cut off mid thought there...but I will address what you did write.

Several years ago the grade the players thing blossomed big-time. Several posters posted their player by player game by game "grade" with all the supporting negative adjectives supplied to bolster the argument for any grade lower than an A. That evolved (as it naturally will) to become a game by game negative diatribe with arguments flying back and forth about each player's "grade" and each perceived slight.

We stopped that activity back then. I do not remember seeing the grading you did this year but I support the notion that it is a discussion methodology that we need to refrain from as the negative progression and all it's associated kerfuffle is inevitable. If it starts up again it likely will degenerate and we likely will need to "manage" the activity. Better to leave that methodology alone. Thanks.

Reaction Score
You seem to have been cut off mid thought there...but I will address what you did write.

Several years ago the grade the players thing blossomed big-time. Several posters posted their player by player game by game "grade" with all the supporting negative adjectives supplied to bolster the argument for any grade lower than an A. That evolved (as it naturally will) to become a game by game negative diatribe with arguments flying back and forth about each player's "grade" and each perceived slight.

We stopped that activity back then. I do not remember seeing the grading you did this year but I support the notion that it is a discussion methodology that we need to refrain from as the negative progression and all it's associated kerfuffle is inevitable. If it starts up again it likely will degenerate and we likely will need to "manage" the activity. Better to leave that methodology alone. Thanks.

In at least 2 threads Grading of playes was discussed. One of the Modertor questioned my grading of Walker with a B. Fair comment. I thought the comment was about it be high. ? Maybe. Even in my grading I offered (except for Walker) I offered A's mainly because they played and played hard, even Walker. From me a local kid and one I hold high in esteem, much as I do CW--both are cut from the same cloth, albeit from different ends.
The title --wasn't cut off in mid sentence I missed an S. I have a deformed left hand, thanks to the military, that causes me to "think" I hit a key when I didn't. I typically re-read what I now post because of it--it is much worse now than previously.
Yes--leave it alone. Although I get easily sucked into some things I'd be happier had I stay away from--I think that's call Human.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom