Gottlieb on Uconn | The Boneyard

Gottlieb on Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of people think that Gottlieb hates Uconn and I think he picked against the team every game in the tourney. Bad news this year, he said Uconn is his #1 so hopefully his backwards jinx wears off. I haven't really heard anyone say this yet but he thought Uconn and UNC were a clear step ahead of UK.

This is from the ESPN college basketball podcast. Some interesting comments during the podcast.
- most important thing will be for the team to adjust to and accept the new roles which is true, says Calhoun is one of the best in biz at eventually assigning roles to players
- he is very high on Drummond (who isn't), says he played pick up with him
- the other guy, Katz, said he was especially impressed with Boatright after watching a practice
- says Daniels will be a monster. His dad is a big Cali AAU guy so he must be plugged in
- the team will be ridiculously deep and athletic and will get back to playing 94 ft. like the early Calhoun teams

Good listen for other Uconn junkies who like maximum information even when its not earth shattering

Reaction Score
I think he did that to piss Husky Nation off!

C'mon Gottlieb! Throw us a bone here! Throw out the "only 10 schollies" or "team is still very young" or "JC is too old" stuff......you can't like us....you can't <sobbing>.....

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
As soon as I read gottlieb on uconn I said oh . Still think that too. My buddy and I blew up gottliebs twitter as soon as we got Daniels and Drummond. Didn't let up for a couple days. Same thing with Parrish

Reaction Score
He is so full of himself, but he knows basketball. He picked against us because the other teams better, although he always seemed to acknowledge that Kemba was special. What he failed to include in his thought processing was that we were coming together and tournaments are more about emotins and who is hot than who is better.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Dammit. This is not good. We'll be lucky to make the CIT now.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
- the team will be ridiculously deep and athletic and will get back to playing 94 ft. like the early Calhoun teams

First sign of Spring - the robin.
First sign of the UConn Men's Basketball Season- the above quote.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb said we were a sleeper final four team when we were in the middle of a slump last year. And said it was because we had a star and a pro in Kemba Walker.

But then he ranked Charles Jenkins ahead of Walker in his draft article. He gives us some credit.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb said we were a sleeper final four team when we were in the middle of a slump last year. And said it was because we had a star and a pro in Kemba Walker.

But then he ranked Charles Jenkins ahead of Walker in his draft article. He gives us some credit.

Charles Jenkins is obviously more starrier and more pro-er.

DOOOOOOOOOMED.

Reaction Score
SOOO DOOOOOOOMMMMEEEDDD!!!!!!! Awful news- just plain upsetting.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
, he picked us as #1!?!?! good god... should i even attend the games anymore? Absolutely awful news.

Reaction Score
He didn't really say we were #1. He said he was thinking really hard that he would have to put them 1.

Reaction Score
I think he did that to piss Husky Nation off!

C'mon Gottlieb! Throw us a bone here! Throw out the "only 10 schollies" or "team is still very young" or "JC is too old" stuff......you can't like us....you can't <sobbing>.....

Looks like he was right last year. Roscoe really screwed up committing to UConn. Things look just awful.

Reaction Score
dont worry Gottlieb wont let us down he will bash us at some point in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom