Gotta Love this Picture of the General | The Boneyard

Gotta Love this Picture of the General

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I attach here for convenience, Original link a bit tough to scroll on my browser at least, Fantastic picture.

1553458733205.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1553458673868.png

Wow, how quickly times have changed. Seems like only yesterday that Crystal was the one taking instruction as a wide-eyed freshman that at times during the year, looked like a deer in headlights. She is "The General", and this is HER team!!! Notice she's the only one talking. She's the E.F. Hutton in that group. :cool: Wherever this team goes, she'll be out front leading them. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Quick Caption.

Liv. Are you going to let me out rebound you.

Quick thought: There is absolutely NO WAY Liv can play with this year's starters and not have some of their knowledge, grit, experience, understanding of the game and hunger to win and be great rub off on her. NO WAY!!! :) I believe in that old adage that says “when you associate, you assimilate.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I don't need any advice from you! Yes, it was a stupid play on my part for shooting early when I could have ran more clock. I'll hear about it from coach!

Reaction Score
Quick thought: There is absolutely NO WAY Liv can play with this year's starters and not have some of their knowledge, grit, experience, understanding of the game and hunger to win and be great rub off on her. NO WAY!!! :) I believe in that old adage that says “when you associate, you assimilate.”
ONO needs to take videos of Collier shooting under the basket and watch them all summer. Keeps ball up high, gives a little push off with her hips to get defender off balance, and rarely misses. ONO could score 4-8 points a game or more with some work.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
ONO needs to take videos of Collier shooting under the basket and watch them all summer. Keeps ball up high, gives a little push off with her hips to get defender off balance, and rarely misses. ONO could score 4-8 points a game or more with some work.

As was visible last night vs. Buffalo, both ONO and Walker could use more of Pheesa's balance and "touch." Both tend to lunge off-balance and shove the ball instead of using wrist and finger tips to get fine control. And both then bang off (or even under) the rim. Lots of reps needed, under pressure, in practices. Ironically, Liv has pretty good touch when she takes short and medium jumpers away from the basket.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
One quick follow-up: In each of the past two games Liv has spun right and then used her left hand for the layup. That would be the correct thing to do. Unfortunately, she missed each time. Yes, she needs more work.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I attach here for convenience, Original link a bit tough to scroll on my browser at least, Fantastic picture.

View attachment 41317
Here's my question: Is she pointing at Liv, or is she indicating a small amount of something? That's why I said "smidge."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here's my question: Is she pointing at Liv, or is she indicating a small amount of something? That's why I said "smidge."

Hum. You are probably right. Looking very closely, she seems to be in pinch mode.

Reaction Score

You can't get the work if you don't play more. Also, Olivia is 4" taller. Too many low passes.

Reaction Score
One quick follow-up: In each of the past two games Liv has spun right and then used her left hand for the layup. That would be the correct thing to do. Unfortunately, she missed each time. Yes, she needs more work.
Sometimes a player doesn't have the strength to make the shot with 3 hands on her arms.
Liv is pushed, pulled and mauled. Yes, she need training and strength. She has made leaps and in some games is better than other. FACT: Uconn needs her and NOW. FACT: She's a learning Frosh. I'd like it both ways, but that just isn't going to happen.
I like you comment on her move.
I'm not much of a big girl expert, or on anything for that matter, but the most common mistakes Bigs make is : bringing the ball below your head, she great until she dribbles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom