HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL, Geno being Geno

A3397EF0-E38F-40FD-A578-872E9C722F60.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sweet music to my ears about Jana. As for Patterson, not concerned about her at all. The season begins in November. As long as she's rehabbed and ready by then.......cool. This is the news I was hoping to hear about Jana from Geno or the coaches. I have visions of her and Ice "consistently" playing at a high level this entire year.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well this answers some questions
It does. We pretty much know what we're going to get from the returnees, and can anticipate the starters 1-4. Who starts at the five is still a mystery, but it's starting to clear up a bit. I can see one starting, and the other backing her up, with both getting "significant" minutes every game. Fatigue and foul trouble should not be a problem this year at the post position for us.

Carnac

Reaction Score
It does. We pretty much know what we're going to get from the returnees, and can anticipate the starters 1-4. Who starts at the five is still a mystery, but it's starting to clear up a bit. I can see one starting, and the other backing her up, with both getting "significant" minutes every game. Fatigue and foul trouble should not be a problem this year at the post position for us.
I unintentionally omitted Amari in my comments. I expect her to vie for meaningful minutes at the 5 this year.

Reaction Score
I think we have a name for every post game thread after a win.

Reaction Score
This is the most promising thread so far this summer. Like @Carnac I'm only waiting for the other shoe to drop about Amari. Was her surgery a success? Will she be feeling more aggressive come November? Was it only back pain that hindered her before? I have high hopes for the girl!

Reaction Score
This is the most promising thread so far this summer. Like @Carnac I'm only waiting for the other shoe to drop about Amari. Was her surgery a success? Will she be feeling more aggressive come November? Was it only back pain that hindered her before? I have high hopes for the girl!
She had surgery in early May so I do believe it was a success if she thinks she'll be ready for the Europe trip.

Reaction Score
Also based this article: Geno on Paige Bueckers: "I've never seen her better"

It sounds like it had been an issue for Amari for over a year. Excited to see what she can do healthy!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As always, trying to fully decipher Geno’s comments is something of a challenge. He seems to be very high on both Ice & Jana. If they are both ready to contribute this coming season, that would give UConn a pretty deep frontcourt to go along with what appears to be an exceptionally deep backcourt.

The other thing that Geno alluded to is something that many of us had hoped to see for several years now, and that is full court pressure defense. I’m sure that Geno was impressed by tOSU’s pressure defense in the Sweet 16 game, and realizes that he has the personnel, assuming everyone is healthy, to really ramp up the pressure on opposing teams.

How long until the first game? :cool:

Reaction Score
Mostly positive news from Geno today! The negative is the AP knee surgery news. Doesnt sound serious, but any surgery to the knee especially to an "athletic" player is concerning. The decision must have been made fairly recently or else she would have had the surgery much earlier. A player like AP needs reps, game experience to build confidence, so this is at least a bit worrisome if she is going to miss a few months of practice.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't think this has posted yet. You've read it. Now hear it.
I would hope that it is in the 30+ minute video that is in post #16 above. I haven't watched it in it's entirety yet as I was planning on doing that later this afternoon.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would hope that it is in the 30+ minute video that is in post #16 above. I haven't watched it in it's entirety yet as I was planning on doing that later this afternoon.
Could be. I haven't viewed it either. We could view the one I posted as the Reader's Digest version. Wadda you mean what's Reader's Digest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom