Got the W, but wow! Gave LMU a wide open 3 that could have tied it. | The Boneyard

Got the W, but wow! Gave LMU a wide open 3 that could have tied it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was out watching the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie which was outstanding by the way but did catch the last few minutes of the game.

I couldn't believe that wide-open three that they gave up at the very end of the game. They are very fortunate to came away with the W and that it didn't go to overtime.

Reaction Score
It really, really, really sucks when we consider ourselves lucky to have escaped without overtime against LMU. I want to believe we have the talent to turn into a good team, but without AG, who I think is our best player, amd willing to take slack for it from anyone, we are gonna have an extremely hard time competing with any decent teams this season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least you could tell right off the bat that the shot was off-line. Unlike that Arizona game...

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
LMU couldn't hit a basket in the last several minutes. So even if they tied it and it went to OT, I would have had confidence in UConn holding them off by the way the Huskies were out playing them at that point.

Reaction Score
I think I heard the announcers saying that the LMU player traveled on the way to take that shot too. Boy that would have been a kick in the oysters.

Reaction Score
Anybody else take issue with the officiating in that game? I'm not saying we played great and it was only close due to the refs, but it seemed to me for most of the game that LMU was allowed to play a havoc defense, where they were routinely all over our guys' arms in the middle of that zone area whenever we drove in. We probably had 7 turnovers all in that same spot of the court, and while not all would be fouls, they were not clean steals. On our end, it felt like anytime a defender made a brisk arm motion toward the man with the ball, the whistle came regardless of contact. There was an over the back on Brimah where he was bodied out, their fatboys underneath pushing guys under all game.

In addition, I think there were a handful of times the commentators mentioned a call being missed or a foul being "let em play, right?", and that happened during the NE game as well.

Why does it seem like we get just a slightly unfair shake from the refs game in game out? I will admit there were a few plays where our guy would get the ball and dribble once or twice to gather, hold the ball and then dribble again, which I was surprised weren't travels, but the foul calls themselves were uneven

Reaction Score
Anybody else take issue with the officiating in that game? I'm not saying we played great and it was only close due to the refs, but it seemed to me for most of the game that LMU was allowed to play a havoc defense, where they were routinely all over our guys' arms in the middle of that zone area whenever we drove in. We probably had 7 turnovers all in that same spot of the court, and while not all would be fouls, they were not clean steals. On our end, it felt like anytime a defender made a brisk arm motion toward the man with the ball, the whistle came regardless of contact. There was an over the back on Brimah where he was bodied out, their fatboys underneath pushing guys under all game.

In addition, I think there were a handful of times the commentators mentioned a call being missed or a foul being "let em play, right?", and that happened during the NE game as well.

Why does it seem like we get just a slightly unfair shake from the refs game in game out? I will admit there were a few plays where our guy would get the ball and dribble once or twice to gather, hold the ball and then dribble again, which I was surprised weren't travels, but the foul calls themselves were uneven
I was wondering this myself, especially on the turnover where larrier got hit and nearly fell, passed to Rique who tripped and fell on his face which led to a runout dunk...

Reaction Score
I was out watching the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie which was outstanding by the way but did catch the last few minutes of the game.

I couldn't believe that wide-open three that they gave up at the very end of the game. They are very fortunate to came away with the W and that it didn't go to overtime.

SNY should after the game that KO was clearly seen yelling "FOUL!, foul, foul!" When LMU had their last possession and I think Vital tried to foul him but no harm done as it turned out to have worked in our favor.

I just don't want the KO haters to come up again saying a good coach would have fouled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom