Got called out yesterday... | The Boneyard

Got called out yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
on an emergency so I am watching the game this morning. Tough loss, but doesn't sound like bad loss. Sounds like it was exciting and that Heather played BG tough again. More later.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
No....it wasn't a bad loss at all....the girls played really well....Baylor was just too much for this young team......

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
young? both sides have youngsters... BG was the difference PERIOD. She stopped 18pts with blocked shots, she stopped UConn from driving in the paint so that cause very lil FT's AND she scored baskets and made freethrows and UConn still hung around.

BG is a gamechanger... UConn has no reason for excuses!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
DC what AB said was true. This UConn team is young.

He didn't say they were younger than Baylor or that Baylor had not young players. He made no assertion at all about UConn vs Baylor. He made no comment about Baylor AT ALL. Sometimes you simply go over the top being defensive.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
DC what AB said was true. This UConn team is young.

He didn't say they were younger than Baylor or that Baylor had not young players. He made no assertion at all about UConn vs Baylor. He made no comment about Baylor AT ALL. Sometimes you simply go over the top being defensive.

I wouldn't really say DC was over the top or defensive.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
sure wasnt...

the claim of "young" is weak IMO... were they young when they beat Stanford etc.

when others say their team is young or babies we jump all over them and I think the same should apply to UConn.

losing by 5 and we're going to throw "young" out there... Britany Griner makes everyone look young lol

(and stop thinking Im attacking the poster, Im replying to the poster's comments. I dont go around looking for which poster I want to pick on)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sorry, but the thread had nothing to do with Baylor, AB was just paying a compliment to the team and DC does what he frequently does which is to treat it as if it was intended as an insult to others. There was no reason at all to drag Baylor into the discussion. That is what I saw as being his over the top a defensive response.

The team with Griner won, obviously, and it is why they won but it had nothing to do at all with what AB was saying.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry, but the thread had nothing to do with Baylor, AB was just paying a compliment to the team and DC does what he frequently does which is to treat it as if it was intended as an insult to others. There was no reason at all to drag Baylor into the discussion. That is what I saw as being his over the top a defensive response.

Umm no. AB is the one who brought Baylor into the discussion not DC.

Baylor was just too much for this young team. (AB)

The team with Griner won, obviously, and it is why they won but it had nothing to do at all with what AB was saying.

Which is what DC said. Why are you being so defensive and over the top?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Because I get tired of DC making everything into an offense against others.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
What I like it that is was a winnable game. UConn didn't win and Baylor did deserve the W with how things played out, but UConn could have won this game. That is a very big positive in my mind. It's more frustrating in many ways, but I am jazzed about the team's future. And as I said on the Baylor board a few weeks ago, I'd much rather win the second game we play this year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
young? both sides have youngsters... BG was the difference PERIOD. She stopped 18pts with blocked shots, she stopped UConn from driving in the paint so that cause very lil FT's AND she scored baskets and made freethrows and UConn still hung around.

Baylor is NOT young.

They played 1 senior, 5 juniors and 1 soph.

UConn played 1 senior, 3 juniors, 2 sophs and 2 freshman (1 played only 1 minute).

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
wondered where you were padre. hope all is well...

Reaction Score

A 5 point game changer? LOL!

Choco, Remember when you used to pretend you were a LVOL fan? How long did you keep that BS up? Tedious then. Tedious now. LOL

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Choco, Remember when you used to pretend you were a LVOL fan? How long did you keep that BS up? Tedious then. Tedious now. LOL
5 4 3 2 1... doesnt matter, its a win. Brittany Griner blocked NINE shots. She had UConn shoot 50% of their shot from beyond the 3pt line. The 2nd BEST center in the country (Im not going to say anything about Dolson) etc.

yeah I'll stick to calling Britany Griner aka BG a GAME CHANGER.

and you lost me AGAIN with the mention of LVol... but I guess that just made your night with all the LOL's you posted (shrugs)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Mike...how is BG not a game changer?...I wonder how many points she would have had if blocked layups counted...no less UCONN bricks lofted to reach over her arms...if that is not a game changer, what is?

The point spead reflects the nature of basketball, a team game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom