OT: - Got a Favorite Commercial? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Got a Favorite Commercial?

Reaction Score
I used to come in from shoveling snow and the kids would have the TV on. Invariably, I'd come in just in time to see this ad or one like it . . .

The warm weather scenes and ear worm jingle made this a part of tourism's ad campaign of the decade. At the time, I was jealous of Floridians. Now I are one. ;)

Reaction Score
There used to be some very good beer commercials. One of my favorites was the Marci Hopkins commercial for Schaeffer.

Here is the description of the commercial from a website. Unfortunately, I could not find the actual commercial.

Schaeffer Beer
Circa early 80s. Two single guys are at what appears to be some type of social gathering at a bar. A third guy introduces the single guys to this beautiful woman: "This is Marci. Marci Hopkins." The camera pans to this beautiful woman who gives the single guys a sexy, shy look. She wears a shoulder-length hair perm (typical 80s hairdo). The jingle: "A - ha, sittin' pretty...all together in Schaeffer City."

This is a link to another one of their commercials.

Reaction Score

That's my brother's kid.
He was in the sports marketing program at the time and did all sorts of stuff dressed as Jonathan.

He's most famous for being one of the two guys in the blue and white striped overalls. Never saw a kid get more air time!

Attachments

• mjr.jpg
    mjr.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 91

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't usually watch them but this one made me smile.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the Lite commercial that made me LOL back then:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member