OT: - Google/gmail problem | The Boneyard

OT: Google/gmail problem

Reaction Score
When i try to sign into gmail and other google properties i get a message saying that I "have been signed out of my account. Please sign in".

I follow the prompts, tried changing the password and i get the same message every time. This is a huge problem for me.

Any yarder techies, HELP!

PS. I did post this on the technology thread but it seems to get little traffic and I have no responses in 2 days.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
Super fast, blocks all the crap, and gets past lots of the paywall webs sites. Best browser I've ever used. Check it out if you have not already.

Reaction Score
I have heard about Brave too. Thinking about it. Right now I use opera browser and "duckduckgo" as my default search engine and that has worked for me. I am under this current configuration because I had a similar problem trying to sign into mail previously (like the OP), using chrome (but other reasons too).

Reaction Score
But I am using google chrome...... But i will give it a shot. I am on my 50s but not completely tech stupid at all. This has me stumped and not good. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a) physically disconnect from web,close everything, then manually clean it, ie, 1.clear history, 2.settings,privacy, clear activity history, 3. control panel, internet, delete browsing history and cookies, 4. disk clean-up.
b) shut down. not the button--pull the plug/battery.
c) wait a few minutes, then repower.
d) repeat scrubbing from a. do each clean step a few times all along the way.

Reaction Score
Try logging on from a different device - if you are on a pc, use your phone, and vice versa.
If you still can't get in, it's an account issue, not a hardware or software issue.
If it's an account issue, it may be a multi-log in issue.
Start by determining whether it's an account issue.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
But I am using google chrome. But i will give it a shot. I am on my 50s but not completely tech stupid at all. This has me stumped and not good. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming.
My guess is that someone might be using your account. Try this link: https://accounts.google.com/signin/...flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin

If that doesn't work see if you can get a chat or service rep on the phone. They will walk you through it. The days of no customer support from google are past.

I'm not a big other browser proponent. If its not working on Chrome, and you've restarted your computer, its more likely a Gmail issue.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why? This is the first I've heard of it.
It was developed by the same people who developed Mozilla and Netscape. I use it and Chrome. I am retired but still have a company computer for consultation. It may be the VPN the company uses or some other reason, but a lot of the company web based utilities will only load with Chrome.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It was developed by the same people who developed Mozilla and Netscape. I use it and Chrome. I am retired but still have a company computer for consultation. It may be the VPN the company uses or some other reason, but a lot of the company web based utilities will only load with Chrome.
Thanks. As a Mets fan I am holding off on anything with that name for a bit. Will check it out in mid-September...

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
For the last two weeks I am constantly getting an outlook message that "my settings are out of date" and my old password no longer worked so I changed the password and now I still get the message and depending on the day I try one or the other (new or old) passwords and either one or the other works. ??????????????
Thanks for the above posts about changing to something new.
I guess I am going to have to get rid of outlook. Wondering if I have been hacked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom