Goodbye to a big Part of UConn BB History | The Boneyard

Goodbye to a big Part of UConn BB History

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So I'm pretty sure that last night was the last UConn basketball game on that court. Just think of the players that have graced it, the many thrilling games that have been won with just a few heartbreaking losses.

The foundation of hundreds of wins, 15 National Championships (11&4), All Americans, National Players of the Year and world class young people.

One can hope the new floor can emulate the successes of its predecessor. And, I hope the design stays classy and clean. I don't want to get a headache watching UConn basketball games.

P.S. If any boneyarders end up buying a piece of the old court when they go on sale let us know!

floor.jpg

Reaction Score
So I'm pretty sure that last night was the last UConn basketball game on that court. Just think of the players that have graced it, the many thrilling games that have been won with just a few heartbreaking losses.

The foundation of hundreds of wins, 15 National Championships (11&4), All Americans, National Players of the Year and world class young people.

One can hope the new floor can emulate the successes of its predecessor. And, I hope the design stays classy and clean. I don't want to get a headache watching UConn basketball games.

P.S. If any boneyarders end up buying a piece of the old court when they go on sale let us know!

View attachment 85465
Well said, Biff. I hope they remember what Oregon's homecourt looks like and takes a 180 from there...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They need to send a piece to the Basketball Hall of Fame for enshrinement, no other college has the combined number of National Championships. Who knows they just might get #'s 12 & 5 for 17 NC's.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well said, Biff. I hope they remember what Oregon's homecourt looks like and takes a 180 from there...
I hope that they use the Boise State football field as a model.

100% Sarcasm. I hate that field. I really, really do!!! But it just goes to show that somehow id*ots have a say in major decisions like that.

Reaction Score

View attachment 85465
You sold me ... where can I buy a piece of history?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
There's a thread posted here by @HuskyNan on January 17, 2023 on the new floor and one of the last posts is about selling pieces.

I don't know how to copy the link to this thread. :(

Reaction Score
I'd like one of the husky eyes. Second choice the red tongue. Third choice would be one of the fangs (although I'm partial to the old logo). What piece do you want?

Reaction Score
Any truth to the rumor that the new floor will have a banked oval track around it along with new visitor locker rooms complete with lace up roller skates and cereal bowl shaped helmets with chin straps? :confused:

Reaction Score
I'd like one of the husky eyes. Second choice the red tongue. Third choice would be one of the fangs (although I'm partial to the old logo). What piece do you want?
Nix the red tongue. The court would resemble a Rolling Stones logo.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I believe the old field house court ended up at Choate Rosemary Hall School in Wallingford. Can anyone confirm or deny?.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just hope they keep it really simple. I hate all the 'new art' style of floors - it is distracting to the viewers, especially on TV. The logos change all the time, but the base designs are there for ever. What looked cool on paper, and was interesting when first view, quickly becomes annoying.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We talked earlier about the possibility of the university cutting up the floor and selling it to fans and alumni that want a piece of history. Surely there are enough interested sports fans that would buy a piece of the floor if it were sold. If the administration has not already looked into that, it should. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just hope they keep it really simple. I hate all the 'new art' style of floors - it is distracting to the viewers, especially on TV. The logos change all the time, but the base designs are there for ever. What looked cool on paper, and was interesting when first view, quickly becomes annoying.
I agree. Keep it classy but stylish. I like the current floor. No University of Oregon-type floor. That floor is hideous. :eek: It's like the blue turf football playing surface at Boise State University. :confused:

Reaction Score
Actually, they bought the Oregon Court to install in Storrs, got it used at a bargain price. Needed to save money after the payouts they had to make to fired employees. It even comes with the Oregon name and logo free, and the great wood design pattern, well what more can you say?

Reaction Score

View attachment 85465
If it is only a couple of hundred bucks for a piece then I will definitely buy one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom