Goodbye, Irish | The Boneyard

Goodbye, Irish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now this is how you leave one coaching job and take a head coaching job at another university. His first sentence says it all. Too bad not all departing coaches have that class.

Diaco's weekend will involve shutting things down at Notre Dame. He returned Friday.

"Close the books at Notre Dame, make sure they understand the affection, affinity and love I had for that experience and leave the right way and then come right back here," he said. "Get going Monday, just open the book, walk down the hallway, clean that smudge off, give me a bucket, let's paint this wall blue, whatever, meeting with the staff, every other thing, let's see the calendar — building a staff is obviously paramount but just get started."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1214-20131213,0,7825173.story

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
You don't prefer -

close the locker room doors, make sure they understand who is leaving early, abandon the school, staff and kids immediately, leave the wrong way and then high tail it out of there for College Park. Get off of the flight to MD, open the book, walk down the hallway, tell everyone it is my dream job, clean that UConn off of my shoes, paint the walls so many colors no one will remember our true school colors, meet the staff, fire half of them, sell my soul to get a recuiter in here, look at the calendar, and ask how can I parlay this in to a bigger dream job in 4-5 years?

Reaction Score
You don't prefer -

close the locker room doors, make sure they understand who is leaving early, abandon the school, staff and kids immediately, leave the wrong way and then high tail it out of there for College Park. Get off of the flight to MD, open the book, walk down the hallway, tell everyone it is my dream job, clean that UConn off of my shoes, paint the walls so many colors no one will remember our true school colors, meet the staff, fire half of them, sell my soul to get a recuiter in here, look at the calendar, and ask how can I parlay this in to a bigger dream job in 4-5 years?
Of course even that was better than excuse yourself from dinner with a group of recruits to take a phone call then don't even bother to go back to the table to say goodbye. Just announce on twitter that you're leaving and moving to Cincinnati. I assume that he at lease picked up the tab for the dinner.

Reaction Score
Now this is how you leave one coaching job and take a head coaching job at another university. His first sentence says it all. Too bad not all departing coaches have that class.

Diaco's weekend will involve shutting things down at Notre Dame. He returned Friday.

"Close the books at Notre Dame, make sure they understand the affection, affinity and love I had for that experience and leave the right way and then come right back here," he said. "Get going Monday, just open the book, walk down the hallway, clean that smudge off, give me a bucket, let's paint this wall blue, whatever, meeting with the staff, every other thing, let's see the calendar — building a staff is obviously paramount but just get started."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1214-20131213,0,7825173.story

Maybe take a break from the interviews, done a great job there and use up these next few weeks to put the pieces together. Then start pumping the program again early-mid Jan to signing day. What a joke me giving him advice :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom