Goodbye, best wishes, and a word of caution | The Boneyard

Goodbye, best wishes, and a word of caution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd never thought I'd live to say this, but after almost 50 years of giving program support at Memorial Stadium and the Rent, I am done......won't be back to the Rent
for a number of reasons.

I know I probably upset more than a few with my comments on this board, and for that I apologize........I may have disagreed with some of your comments, but's that's what you get from a passionate fan who never played or coached the game, but its my nature to call "a spade a spade" regardless of the topic......sports or otherwise.
I don't think I adversely referenced anyone with a different opinion, but if I did, I apologize for that also.

Because I was an idiot during my younger years, sun exposure caught up to me big time in my senior years. Basically my oncologist wants me out of sunlight between the hours of 10-6 in the peak times of Spring, Summer, and Fall. I say this not for sympathy, but hopefully everyone can learn from my mistake........it doesn't pay to be a beach bum. Please pass that on to your loved ones.....you don't want what I got!

I'm deeply hurt by the demise of the football program....and am not sure if/how it can recover. Under the radar talent does not make a potent BCS/FBS program. Having some of the worse ranked recruited classes year after year does not make a potent BCS/FBS team. And being the worse rated FBS team, what highly skilled player will commit to this program in 2017? Athletes that also had interest from Sacred Heart? (me calling a "spade a spade")

And a coach that promises we can succeed with a power running game because we are in the harsh NE? Who wants to watch a team struggle to score 0-10 points. Tell that to UConn's 1-AA teams that were led by Ken Sweitzer, Matt DeGennarro, Shane Stafford........QB's with perceived talent a hash mark less than BCS/FBS, had no problem leading a multi-phased potent offenses despite the harsh NE weather.

Please take care of yourselves, have a happy and successful life for you and your family, and if you have the heart, try to support UConn FB.......no matter how bad. I tried to for as long as I could.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.......whatever.

I'll close on a BD'ism........where ever our thoughts may have differed.......I still loved y'all as a fan.

Bye!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about the medical news td. Couldn't have said the rest of the football part better myself.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to hear about your health and I hope you're okay. Gosh now you got me worried, though I do use sunscreen. And spend a lot of time playing video games. So I should be okay.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd never thought I'd live to say this, but after almost 50 years of giving program support at Memorial Stadium and the Rent, I am done.won't be back to the Rent
for a number of reasons.

I know I probably upset more than a few with my comments on this board, and for that I apologize...I may have disagreed with some of your comments, but's that's what you get from a passionate fan who never played or coached the game, but its my nature to call "a spade a spade" regardless of the topic.sports or otherwise.
I don't think I adversely referenced anyone with a different opinion, but if I did, I apologize for that also.

Because I was an idiot during my younger years, sun exposure caught up to me big time in my senior years. Basically my oncologist wants me out of sunlight between the hours of 10-6 in the peak times of Spring, Summer, and Fall. I say this not for sympathy, but hopefully everyone can learn from my mistake...it doesn't pay to be a beach bum. Please pass that on to your loved ones.....you don't want what I got!

I'm deeply hurt by the demise of the football program....and am not sure if/how it can recover. Under the radar talent does not make a potent BCS/FBS program. Having some of the worse ranked recruited classes year after year does not make a potent BCS/FBS team. And being the worse rated FBS team, what highly skilled player will commit to this program in 2017? Athletes that also had interest from Sacred Heart? (me calling a "spade a spade")

And a coach that promises we can succeed with a power running game because we are in the harsh NE? Who wants to watch a team struggle to score 0-10 points. Tell that to UConn's 1-AA teams that were led by Ken Sweitzer, Matt DeGennarro, Shane Stafford...QB's with perceived talent a hash mark less than BCS/FBS, had no problem leading a multi-phased potent offenses despite the harsh NE weather.

Please take care of yourselves, have a happy and successful life for you and your family, and if you have the heart, try to support UConn FB..no matter how bad. I tried to for as long as I could.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays..whatever.

I'll close on a BD'ism...where ever our thoughts may have differed..I still loved y'all as a fan.

Bye!

Health comes first and foremost. Football is just a nice side distraction. Unfortunately for everyone on the 'Yard, the football distraction provides more stress!

Take care of yourself and I hope your health improves.

Reaction Score
Very best to you and extremely sorry to hear about your health.

TD..... contact the UCONN ticket sales office and request that because of illness, as you outlined, could you attend
the games and sit in the empty luxury upstairs boxes. Those seats are empty.... would be hard pressed to think they would not help you!!!!

Stocking up on my sunscreen, thanks for the warning...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Best wishes for good health going forward. As far as UConn FB goes, 1 of 3 things can happen; things get worse (and the really can), things stay the same or things get better. So there's at least a 33% chance of things improving, hopefully by 2o18 at the latest. Not great odds but not hopeless either. I won't be in the stadium for any game until Goofy Bob is gone. Hope we see you on TV and perhaps a night game in the future? Best of luck to you.

Reaction Score
I'd never thought I'd live to say this, but after almost 50 years of giving program support at Memorial Stadium and the Rent, I am done.won't be back to the Rent
for a number of reasons.

I know I probably upset more than a few with my comments on this board, and for that I apologize...I may have disagreed with some of your comments, but's that's what you get from a passionate fan who never played or coached the game, but its my nature to call "a spade a spade" regardless of the topic.sports or otherwise.

Because I was an idiot during my younger years, sun exposure caught up to me big time in my senior years. Basically my oncologist wants me out of sunlight between the hours of 10-6 in the peak times of Spring, Summer, and Fall. I say this not for sympathy, but hopefully everyone can learn from my mistake...it doesn't pay to be a beach bum. Please pass that on to your loved ones.....you don't want what I got!

And a coach that promises we can succeed with a power running game because we are in the harsh NE? Who wants to watch a team struggle to score 0-10 points. Tell that to UConn's 1-AA teams that were led by Ken Sweitzer, Matt DeGennarro, Shane Stafford...QB's with perceived talent a hash mark less than BCS/FBS, had no problem leading a multi-phased potent offenses despite the harsh NE weather.

Please take care of yourselves, have a happy and successful life for you and your family, and if you have the heart, try to support UConn FB..no matter how bad. I tried to for as long as I could.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays..whatever.

I'll close on a BD'ism...where ever our thoughts may have differed..I still loved y'all as a fan.

Bye!

Reaction Score
I hope everything goes well for you.

But if it's staying out of the sun causing you to give up support, those of us sitting behind the visitors bench don't get any sun at all past the first week or two of the season. Just sayin ....

Reaction Score
Apologies in advance if this attempt at humor is taking things too far.

But are you saying that UConn Football is such hot garbage that it gave you skin cancer?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well, others have said it already, but just to reinforce...

fwiw, although I don't have any melanomas (yet), I've bought some shirts from these guys (and REI) with 50+ UPF for hiking and outdoor work. They've lasted awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom