Good win | The Boneyard

Good win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your typical grind it out game with Cincy. We still need to work on our press break and missed more ft's than I would like but we are coming together nicely. We have one of the best defenses in the country and our offense is coming along, Omar is going to be huge on the offensive end, when he gets it in the right scoring positions he is really good. Another good sign is the contributions from Cassell and Lubin the last two games. I thought the biggest sequence of the game was the Lubin block leading to an Omar 3 on the other end to put us up 6 points at the 5 minute mark. It was a good win especially considering how bad Hamilton was today.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Your typical grind it out game with Cincy. We still need to work on our press break and missed more ft's than I would like but we are coming together nicely. We have one of the best defenses in the country and our offense is coming along, Omar is going to be huge on the offensive end, when he gets it in the right scoring positions he is really good. Another good sign is the contributions from Cassell and Lubin the last two games. I thought the biggest sequence of the game was the Lubin block leading to an Omar 3 on the other end to put us up 6 points at the 5 minute mark. It was a good win especially considering how bad Hamilton was today.
I think Hamilton is officially in a Freshman slump

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Coming of age game for Lubin, I hope. He looked much quicker out there than previously.

Boat continues to be a warrior.

Reaction Score
Omar will be huge for us. Purvis runs hot and cold and we ask Boat to do an awful lot. Not one of Hamilton's better games but we will be better from the outside and making FTs by the end of the season. We are still a work in progress but the key is we are progressing.

Reaction Score
Agreed....this really was a must win against a good RPI team at home. Def need to clean up some of the poor ball handling and decision making ( I'm talking to you Rodney and DHam), but good poise and toughness down the stretch.

Reaction Score
I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Lubin the past 2 games, Nolan talked about it before the season but he moves very well for his size. All of his rotations were on point on the defensive end and that block was huge, I hate to single him out but if that's Nolan in there he is not making that block.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Head doesn't seem to be in the game, frustrating to watch. Really would love to see a transformation in focus, but those are the words of a late middle aged guy talking about a teenager and shuddering when I think of myself as a college freshman (and MANY years beyond).

Reaction Score

Silver lining to Hamilton slumping is that he won't even be thinking about the draft this year. So long as we are winning I'm okay with him hitting the "freshman wall"

caw

Reaction Score
Omar will be huge for us. Purvis runs hot and cold and we ask Boat to do an awful lot. Not one of Hamilton's better games but we will be better from the outside and making FTs by the end of the season. We are still a work in progress but the key is we are progressing.

He's been extremely good the past five games. Seems to have his wind back some and is playing with purpose.

Reaction Score
Reminded me of playing Pitt. Very physical with ebbs and flows. Good offense followed by stretches of bad offense. A rock fight in the paint.

Any win is a good win.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
5 wins in the last 6, and the loss was without Boat for the 2nd half and OT.

Team is finding its grove now that it is actually healthy.

Team will be in very good shape come March
It would've been huge to have won the Temple game. It would've been a quality win and Temple would be 2-1 now and we'd be in first place at 3-0. Ah, free throws.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
That was an old Big East game. Good win.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
very big that Omar is playing relaxed, confident. So many guys are making dumb mistakes from the pressure and inexperience....hopefully the mistakes will start to happen less.

Reaction Score
I got frustrated with Lubin's stupid foul getting back on defense...then they showed the replay and the awful flop from ellis. Announcer called him out, but the other announcer was defending the flop because the rock is, well, a rock.

Reaction Score
solid win, lubin has replaced nolan in the rotation. cincy is an athletic good team. that clark kid has gobs of potential. we could have played much better, hamilton is going through freshman woes as purvis is going through transfer woes. they are a bit too enigmatic...not steady enough. calhoun on the other hand has a very steady presence

Reaction Score
Great game and win. Turnovers aside, everyone played hard the entire game. It's clear UConn is pretty good at defense. If the team can incrementally improve the offense week in and week out they'll be ready come tournament time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great game and win. Turnovers aside, everyone played hard the entire game. It's clear UConn is pretty good at defense. If the team can incrementally improve the offense week in and week out they'll be ready come tournament time.
We just aren't a good enough passing team yet but we are getting better.

Reaction Score
We just aren't a good enough passing team yet but we are getting better.

Yah, they can still get rattled on full court presses and when inbounding (youth plays a role). I suspect it will improve as the season goes on. It needs to. Also, while the defense plays at a high level of energy and tenacity, they can still get beat on set inbound plays (experience probably plays a role here to). The good news is that things are trending in the right direction. Having Omar back is big.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that Omar s looking to drive and hit the 10 footers as well as look for 3's.

Reaction Score
I really love the competitiveness and heart of this team, and I think its ceiling is really high. We make SO many unforced mental and physical errors each game and still win, or barely lose against good teams.

Missed a bunch of free throws, knocked rebounds out of bounds competing with our own players for them, tipped in multiple Cincinnati baskets ourselves, dribbled into spots where it's almost impossible to not turn it over, threw passes directly out of bounds or right to the other team. Still won.

We're an extremely young team outside of Boat. If we can just get some improvement in these areas, which we should as guys continue to grow into their roles, look out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom