Good UConn Karma: Orlovsky Re-signed | The Boneyard

Good UConn Karma: Orlovsky Re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Colts re-signed QB Dan Orlovsky.

The Colts also worked out Brodie Croyle, but Orlovsky had the experience edge after spending training camp with the team. A third quarterback was needed for insurance with Kerry Collins coming off a concussion against the Steelers in Week 3. We're tentatively expecting Curtis Painter to start against the Bucs.

Source: Indianapolis Star
Sep 27 - 4:51 P

Reaction Score
They could have done better with Dan O as opposed to Collins. How far has Donald Brown sunk? Although they are not using Mike Hart much either. Good for Dan O. It was just a matter a time before somebody picked him up.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I figured Orlovsky would be back the second Collins went down... and then Painter getting banged up didn't help.

The knock on Brown is his pass protection isn't supposed to be very good, and the Colts emphasize more than your average NFL team... which means an excessive amount. Plus he's too much like Addai... I still think he's getting a bit of a raw deal... he's numbers were actually pretty good... slightly worse than Addai's rushing (y/carry) and better in the passing game. He gets a ton of grief from the local media and the fans, but I think he needs out of there and gets to a team with an Oline that can actually run the ball.

Look at who he came in with: Mereno, Greene, etc. and he actually compares pretty favorably to them.. he'd probably have better numbers than Greene if he was with the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom