Good Tournament or Bad Tournament? | The Boneyard

Good Tournament or Bad Tournament?

Reaction Score
Probably lousy timing considering the last game was great, but wondering if it was a good Tournament or a bad Tournament?

The early rounds were fun, but the round of 8 was as bad as it gets (other than UCLA).

It is nice to have it back, but I kinda hate Indiana.

I liked it. Still the best event our country offers

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm like you, mostly enjoyed the first 50 games or so, then it tailed off

Although tonight's game was great

Reaction Score
Definitely a lot more good than bad. Very much better than could have been expected because of COVID. We need a good game Monday night. The two best teams made it to the finals. I think its a toss up. Usually I barely give a darn if UCONN is not involved but i'm pumped for Monday's game.

Reaction Score
Really enjoyed the tournament as a whole- had a lot of upsets in the first weekend which is always fun & then UCLA played the two classic games of the entire tournament & finally we get the game we’ve been waiting for two years now in Gonzaga verse Baylor- truly looking forward to Monday night!

Reaction Score
Good tournament but the quality of teams this year seems to be far below the usual. Probably not the most surprising thing with all that’s going on.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We saw a lot of upsets early and it will finish with the 2 preseason favorites battling it out like many wanted to see. I think that’s about as good as it gets for a tournament where UConn only played 1 game.

Reaction Score
Good tournament but the quality of teams this year seems to be far below the usual. Probably not the most surprising thing with all that’s going on.
The quality of teams has been pretty bad for years now. Between one and dones and the increase in transfers, I think the crazy amount of roster turnover has caught up to college basketball.

There’s a reason the number of upsets in early rounds has become more commonplace - the 1 through 4 seeds just aren’t as good as they used to be. It’s what happens when the most talented teams in the country are made up primarily of freshmen and sophomores.

Reaction Score
The quality of teams has been pretty bad for years now. Between one and dones and the increase in transfers, I think the crazy amount of roster turnover has caught up to college basketball.

There’s a reason the number of upsets in early rounds has become more commonplace - the 1 through 4 seeds just aren’t as good as they used to be. It’s what happens when the most talented teams in the country are made up primarily of freshmen and sophomores.
Ya- also these lower tier power 6 schools (Baylor/Alabama/Arkansas/UCLA (as of late)/etc.) as well as some of the good conferences right below the power 6 are getting high level transfers from the blue bloods, which in turn is changing the landscape of college basketball.

Reaction Score

True, but I think covid played it's part. I don't think there were enough non conference games. Not sure we really knew how theses teams were.

Reaction Score
Great tournament. Last nights game was incredible. The upsets early on were great. The S16 and E8 were eh but we had a classic last night and hopefully another coming on Monday at 3am whenever they tip.

Reaction Score
True, but I think covid played it's part. I don't think there were enough non conference games. Not sure we really knew how theses teams were.
100% - this threw off a lot of the ratings as well since their formulas are so dependent on non-conference games. The B1G may have gotten the same number of bids in a normal season, but I’m not sure their seedings would have been as high. But the skewed schedule this year played to the conference’s advantage with those ranking systems (and, ironically, to its disadvantage given how bad the league flopped).

Reaction Score
Entertaining tournament and better than nothing, asterisks aside. ?
That I find unfortunate. The asterisks that is. If Duke ended up winning I'd love to throw an asterisk at them. If Gonzaga wins, the asterisk is unfortunate. They've been trying so hard for decades. They deserve the win. An asterisk free win.

Reaction Score
That I find unfortunate. The asterisks that is. If Duke ended up winning I'd love to throw an asterisk at them. If Gonzaga wins, the asterisk is unfortunate. They've been trying so hard for decades. They deserve the win. An asterisk free win.
I'm just kidding about the asterisk. Sort of. Zags were the favorite from the beginning regardless of how many games programs had to miss. If a 1 seed winds it all you got no complaints.

Reaction Score
I'm just kidding about the asterisk. Sort of. Zags were the favorite from the beginning regardless of how many games programs had to miss. If a 1 seed winds it all you got no complaints.
You are probably right. I just find it unfortunate.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don’t think there is any asterisk for Gonzaga if they win (or Baylor for that matter). Zaga will have played 35 games, including a full conference slate and 4 or 5 HUGE OOC games all away from home. The only thing keeping them from being 40-0 if they win tomorrow is 5 wins over western Washington and Idaho state
In the OOC slate.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Weird tournament. Odd tournament. Nonetheless it was awesome and fun to watch. Lots of blowouts, even as the field narrowed. A bunch of upsets, but only UCLA went deep. We ended up with the 2 teams that are obviously the 2 best this year. Some newish teams, that could be good for years to come, splashed onto the scene. Glad that Duke/UNC/Kansas/Kentucky/MSU appear to have fallen off. People have been saying parity is here for years...now it may really be here? PAC12 with a tremendous showing. Big 10 flopped.

Reaction Score
In the history of the NCAA Tournament, 85% of the champions have been 1 or 2 seeds. The media sells the underdog dream, but it rarely happens.

Reaction Score
Anytime Duke North Carolina Kentucky its a good tournament. F those guys.

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga had lost. I wouldn’t even watch the championship game. If Gonzaga wins, it was a good tournament. Timmie flexing on fools is well worth the watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom