Good time for sports fans to catch up on reading | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good time for sports fans to catch up on reading

Reaction Score
If you like sci-fi, I absolutely love Firefly. Only one season unfortunately, but I have watched it probably 20 times. Just outstanding.
Try British crime shows, starting with Shetland...

Reaction Score
A world w/out sports! BUT there are some great books and streaming videos out there. Here are a few suggestions for mystery lovers and lovers of wonderful writing and watching:
-Favorite mystery characters: Ian Rankin's John Rebus (best read in order) and John Sandford's Virgil Flowers.
-Best writers in English: Kate Atkinson and Hilary Mantel. Read all of Atkinson's books and Mantel's superb 3- part Cromwell series (starts with "Wolf Hall").
-Here's something pretty far out: try a few of Netflix's Spanish telenovelas. Some of these are so long that you may not live to finish even one (some, for example, exceed 80 episodes). What I love about these is the beautiful people, settings, endless complications. Now, I'm watching the 2nd season of "Unauthorized Living," and there isn't a dull second as plots, subplots, romances, murders, heroes, villains, all spin around endlessly.
A website with some of the Netflix titles: The Best Spanish Shows to Add to Your Netflix Queue Right Now.
Happy reading and watching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom