Good thing | The Boneyard

Good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never served with some of you in VN. At the first sign of conference trouble some are ready to panic, you're eating your own officers (Herbst et al.) and you assume all kinds of dire consequences. I certainly don't know how all of this is going to shake out but there are some positive possibilities, some negative ones and some in the middle. Let's at least wait and see what OK, TX and possibly WVU are going to do first. I wasn't surprised about SU (I was with Pitt) and I'll bet there are a couple more surprises to come, too. We could could be screwed big time OR NOT. Patience.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Especially because I would have been a child at the time.

What's disheartening is that we have built one of the top athletic programs in the country and might be taking a big step backwards. All of the media clucking about poor Kansas not having a spot in a BCS conference last year can now cluck about us.

Reaction Score
I'm sure. There aren't a lot of people my age posting here. I do not understand the gloom and doom scenario. I know it might be bad but a whole bunch of assumptions have to be made to get there. Make a few others and things might be fine. There is no question that SU and Pitt always considered themselves more special than the other BE schools even though SU hasn't won anything except a single BB championship in years and Pitt hasn't won anything worth anything, and choked Big Time in both FB and BB for years now. SU I always thought would do what they did. I'm a little surprised at Pitt but probably shouldn't be. For us it's either Big Ten/12 (real good for FB ), ACC (good for BB neutral for FB), out in the cold (bad bad) or some sort of Big 12/BE FB hybrid (feh). Again, let's wait for OU, TX and WVU.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Syracuse left once and the ACC humiliated them and sent them back.

Pitt was in the Big Ten last Summer as far as they were concerned.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Very, very few steps are required to reach the doomsday scenario.

Pitt and Syracuse prepared for this day for years. So did Louisville. UConn didn't even think it was possible. They are as guilty of blissful ignorance as the fools in Providence you wish to cast stones at.

Reaction Score
Fools in Providence don't make decisions about UConn athletics. I think you underestimate the current UConn administration. I don't think Ms. Herbst gets caught flat footed too often. She's a Dukie, you know.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Fools in Providence don't make decisions about UConn athletics. I think you underestimate the current UConn administration. I don't think Ms. Herbst gets caught flat footed too often. She's a Dukie, you know.
I recall that you're also a Dukie, but I don't think Herbst has that much pull based on her alma mater. Still, USA today just threw a glimmer of hope out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom