Good Showing | The Boneyard

Good Showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By the players. But Blaney let the Jonnies back in the game by slowing it down in the second half. Hate that. He has never been a game time coach. But a hell of a nice guy and glad we have him to cool Calhoun down.

Reaction Score
By the players. But Blaney let the Jonnies back in the game by slowing it down in the second half. Hate that. He has never been a game time coach. But a hell of a nice guy and glad we have him to cool Calhoun down.
They never really got back into the game.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I hate the slow down offense ... and it's not just Blaney. I understand it's purpose ... but it's never been UConn's game. More times than not this season it's resulted in turning the ball over or throwing up a prayer and letting the team claw back.

Reaction Score
Yea it definitely isn't Blaney, Calhoun has always done that, it cost them against UCF.

M

Marc Bishop

I hate the slow down offense ... and it's not just Blaney. I understand it's purpose ... but it's never been UConn's game. More times than not this season it's resulted in turning the ball over or throwing up a prayer and letting the team claw back.

Yeah, they stress playing the full 40 minutes, but go into prevent offense with over 6 minutes to go. Prevents them from scoring, from being aggressive. Not a way to teach a "playing to the end" mentality. It's not like they were up by 35.

Reaction Score
Many games are won in the last three minutes and we've been very efficient in those final minutes. With three great ball handlers and foul shooters, this is a good strategy in a tight game, and it's worked in the past. The idea is to eat the clock and either get a layup or foul shots. I have no problem with it in a close game, but I thought we went to it needlessly and too early today.

Reaction Score
Take away the last 7-8 minutes and I thought Blaney did a good job today. Most everyone played well and SN and AD got a bit more rest than usual. Next game will be a big test. SHU is playing well.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I would like to hear what JC would say about the reason for the early slow-downs in games. I thought that Blaney did fine today...I liked that he gave Giffey more of a run. He was running AD and AO in and out for each other about every minute in the latter part of the game....not sure what that was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom