Good Shape in 2018? | The Boneyard

Good Shape in 2018?

Reaction Score
I know there has been a lot of discussion recently about what the expectations of next year's class are, but I am curious who are we actively recruiting, and who are we in good position with.

I know we have watched a ton of Simi games, but once the big offers come, I don't think we will be in play. In several of his articles, we are not even mentioned. I know Cam Reddish is a pipe dream at best.

The only name I can come up with is Jalen Carey, and it sounds like KU is his first choice.

Do we lead for anyone? Doesn't seem like we have any juice with any kids. Hoping we have a good season, and some wins can help combat this dry spell.

Reaction Score
I know there has been a lot of discussion recently about what the expectations of next year's class are, but I am curious who are we actively recruiting, and who are we in good position with.

I know we have watched a ton of Simi games, but once the big offers come, I don't think we will be in play. In several of his articles, we are not even mentioned. I know Cam Reddish is a pipe dream at best.

The only name I can come up with is Jalen Carey, and it sounds like KU is his first choice.

Do we lead for anyone? Doesn't seem like we have any juice with any kids. Hoping we have a good season, and some wins can help combat this dry spell.

Luguentz Dort
Jalen Carey
Cam Reddish
Simi Shittu
Iggy Brazdeikis
David Duke
Mike Devoe
Isaiah Mucius
Moses Brown
Emanuel Dowouna

These are some of the names I recall hearing about.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
We offered a TON of guys about a month ago. It's early. I mean we've lost a few already: Quickley, etc. But some other offers we've sent out:

PG: Jalen Carey, Jahvon Quinerly, Brandon Williams, Luther Muhammad, James Ajinko, Jalen Carey, Michael Devoe
SG: Keldon Johnson, Luegentz Dort (who is more of a Combo guard), T.J. Moss, David Duke, Montez Mathis, Eric Ayala
SF: Cam Reddish, Khavon Moore, Louis King, Isaiah Mucius, Hameir Wright, Ignas Brazdeikis, Hameir Wright, Cole Swider, Damezi Anderson
PF: Marvin Bagley, Simi Shittu, Immanuel Bates, Nate Roberts, Ian Stere (I like this kid, fwiw, I've seen some great things on tape)
C: Moses Brown, Emmanuel Duwuona

Those are just the offers out. Still a ton of people we are targeting and have not yet offered as well. It's so early, fellas. Because we lost Reeves and Quickley is like irrelevant in the bigger picture.

Reaction Score

You can also find a chart with current roster and open offers here: Verbal Commits

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Luguentz Dort
Jalen Carey
Cam Reddish
Simi Shittu
Iggy Brazdeikis
David Duke
Mike Devoe
Isaiah Mucius
Moses Brown
Emanuel Dowouna

These are some of the names I recall hearing about.
A team with Mucius and Diarra would be absolutely 'sick'!!

Reaction Score
Thanks for compiling a list of offers. But I believe the op was trying to figure out who we are are prioritizing/targeting and who we might be in good standing/ leading with.

Anyone have any insight into that?

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Thanks for compiling a list of offers. But I believe the op was trying to figure out who we are are prioritizing/targeting and who we might be in good standing/ leading with.

Jalen Carey is the current high priority. We really haven't been through the 2018 cycle enough to know more. We did have an unofficial visit with Cam Reddish a few months ago. I know he's unlikely but we seem to be putting in the effort with him as well.

Reaction Score

Even the crystal ball seems to have recently relegated us to oblivion. :( But it is still early and we have Chill in our corner, but I'm sure he needs time to get up to speed. Most importantly we need W's to start rolling in, and a number <25 in front of our name would be nice.

Reaction Score
Obviously, with 3 open scholarships and Anderson and potentially Larrier/Adams leaving, the staff is going to need to recruit at least 3-4 players just to keep the team going. And then if Larrier/Adams leave, grab another grad transfer in the spring.

So, they need to be recruiting all positions.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We offered a TON of guys about a month ago. It's early. I mean we've lost a few already: Quickley, etc. But some other offers we've sent out:

PG: Jalen Carey, Jahvon Quinerly, Brandon Williams, Luther Muhammad, James Ajinko, Jalen Carey, Michael Devoe
SG: Keldon Johnson, Luegentz Dort (who is more of a Combo guard), T.J. Moss, David Duke, Montez Mathis, Eric Ayala
SF: Cam Reddish, Khavon Moore, Louis King, Isaiah Mucius, Hameir Wright, Ignas Brazdeikis, Hameir Wright, Cole Swider, Damezi Anderson
PF: Marvin Bagley, Simi Shittu, Immanuel Bates, Nate Roberts, Ian Stere (I like this kid, fwiw, I've seen some great things on tape)
C: Moses Brown, Emmanuel Duwuona

Those are just the offers out. Still a ton of people we are targeting and have not yet offered as well. It's so early, fellas. Because we lost Reeves and Quickley is like irrelevant in the bigger picture.

Long way to go on 2018. I think it's gonna take some early success next season to change the narrative.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd like to see them flip the script on the New England kids they've fallen out with - if they can, that'll set the tone for the recruiting class. If they can't, they're in some trouble.

The 'they just need to win' idea is fine, but a lot of these kids will decide before UConn plays another game.

They have a lot of work to do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reddish, shittu, .
beavis_and_butthead_transparent_template_by_gmannytheanimator-d5fagfm.jpg

Huh, huh, huh, huh.

Reaction Score
We should be pretty good for 2018. It is all a crap shoot in the end.

Reaction Score
We should be pretty good for 2018. It is all a crap shoot in the end.
It really is a crap shoot. If the new guys can actually play at this level, we'll be fine. Big question is who is going to rebound and play interior D.

Reaction Score
It really is a crap shoot. If the new guys can actually play at this level, we'll be fine. Big question is who is going to rebound and play interior D.

That is a great question. Who is going to be that rebounding beast and interior defending. We have not had a rim protector in awhile it seems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom