Good Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
God, that was dreadful.

Reaction Score
wtf is an electronic footprint and what does that even mean? When did Bowlsby say that? He should be fired for it.

Reaction Score
Imagine the match ups! Dude then goes on to list two for the men and one for the women LOL. I know the old saying any port in a storm, but UCONN to the Big 12 is a a horrible fit by almost every metric.

Reaction Score
I don't get the horrible fit thing. Less ideal than the the Big Ten or ACC? Sure? Better fit than the AAC? Damn skippy. Sign me up yesterday.

Reaction Score
Everyone thinks they're an expert when it comes to UConn and conference realignment. It's tiring.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

― Mike Tyson

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Imagine the match ups! Dude then goes on to list two for the men and one for the women LOL. I know the old saying any port in a storm, but UCONN to the Big 12 is a a horrible fit by almost every metric.

While I agree with you, I always love to ask, what would you do if the Big 12 came a calling?

Reaction Score
Everyone thinks they're an expert when it comes to UConn and conference realignment. It's tiring.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”

― Mike Tyson
I thought that quote was until they get punched in the mouth?

It was before the Carl The Truth Williams fight.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We have absolutely nothing culturally in common with any member of the B12, except possibly Kansas, but imagine if the B12 grew a CR sack:

- add UCF and USF for FL football recruiting and good TV markets;
- add BYU for national football brand;
- add Cincinnati for OH football recruiting and decent basketball program;
- add Memphis for basketball;
- add UCONN for NYC/Northeast penetration and power basketball programs

16 schools. Good football. Good basketball. Big TV markets. Good recruiting areas for the 2 major revenue sports. Clusterfrack travel but who cares? So is the AAC.

2 8-team divisions (annually rotating Pods):
East Pod:
UCONN
Cincinnati
WVU
Memphis

South Pod:
USF
UCF
Texas
Texas Tech

Panhandle Pod:
OU
Oklahoma St
TCU
Baylor

West Pod:
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
BYU

Protected rivalries: Texas vs OU in the Red River Shootout, UCF vs Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl Rematch, Cincinnati vs Texas Tech in the Tuberville Bowl, WVU vs Ok St in the Holgerson Bowl, BYU vs TCU in the Religion Bowl, USF vs Memphis in the C-USA Bowl, UCONN vs Kansas in the Is It Basketball Season Yet? Bowl, etc.

Football Championship Game: AT&T Stadium, Dallas
Basketball Championship Game: rotation - St Louis or Kansas City, Memphis, Dallas, New York/New Jersey

I know that this would NEVER happen. Texas does not want to expand and lose their voting power. But it would be interesting to see 3 major conferences battling it out for recruiting areas, major markets and titles.

With that said, I'm off to bed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are no pods. No conference will ever do anything that involves pods. The only place pods exists is in the twisted imaginations here. Every P5 conference would chew their own legs off before ever resorting to any configuration that involves something called a pod. The next person who uses the word "pod" on this board gets punched in 'n throat.

And any post that involves Memphis in a P5 and a scenario where a conference creates the potential for more teams to finish last in any sense should instantly trigger a Section 5150 psychiatric hold.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
handi.jpg

Reaction Score
While I agree with you, I always love to ask, what would you do if the Big 12 came a calling?

I'd go because you can't turn down the P5 Cash. That said it would still be an awful fit. I don't see any scenario playing out, short of an NCAA Mandate, that finds UCONN in the Big 12. Their focus is 99% football related and geared almost entirely about short term gain over long term survival.

I still believe that the teams that actually matter in that conference UT, OU, and KU would all rather be somewhere else. Someday they likely will be. The rest of the conference clings to its seat in a P5 Conference like grim death, because they know that they have limited to zero options outside of their current home. Its why clowns like Buckanieer and Okie Lite come here to spread GOR propaganda. They are scared s***less of their teams' futures should their current situation collapse. Its this reason that no one is going to rock UT's Boat. Certainly not for the sake of UCF, Cincy, UCONN etc. IMO you guys end up in either the B1G or ACC. When however is anyone's guess .

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There are no pods. No conference will ever do anything that involves pods. The only place pods exists is in the twisted imaginations here. Every P5 conference would chew their own legs off before ever resorting to any configuration that involves something called a pod. The next person who uses the word "pod" on this board gets punched in 'n throat.

And any post that involves Memphis in a P5 and a scenario where a conference creates the potential for more teams to finish last in any sense should instantly trigger a Section 5150 psychiatric hold.

It's an honour to receive a Fishy throat punch. You can't see me because you're there and I'm in Section 5150 (and I'm invisible), but I am holding my head up high to expose my throat. Hey, if you hit my Adam's Apple, will it make applesauce? Mmmmm...applesauce.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
God, that was dreadful.

I couldn't get past the 7th grade writing style (which is a possible insult to 7th graders). Glad the author had nice things to say about UConn, but it wasn't a convincing or compelling read.

Reaction Score
It was actually written by a PhD from Louisville.
...oh, you mean someone not smarter than a fifth grader. and PhD from Louisville is spelled with an F not a Ph. It is FD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom