Good Read on Saylor Poffenbarger | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good Read on Saylor Poffenbarger

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How does Saylor and Ducharme compare to Coombs, AEH, and Gordon as high school players? Are they as talented at the same stage in their careers?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How does Saylor and Ducharme compare to Coombs, AEH, and Gordon as high school players? Are they as talented at the same stage in their careers?

Lexi Gordon was a reach. AEH could really light it up, but she was burdened with the League she played in, leaving questions there. Playing for Vic she was an off the bench player after a good stint for a bit. Mikayla I'd say was well regarded with Gatorade POY for Georgia, but I'd say Ducharme and Saylor are stronger recruits overall.

Reaction Score
I'll give you my take. SP is bigger, stronger, and to me, is more athletic and tougher to play against than those 3. Don't know how much of a scorer she'll be in college but I kind of see her as a bigger Faris type problem for opponents who can shoot the 3. Ducharme seems to be a smarter, more fundamentally sound player who's a better shooter and scorer than those 3 with a little bit of a mean streak that I like. So yes, I'd say both are better at this stage. To be honest, I never understood what UConn saw in AEH and Gordon. I thought Coombs could've been a decent defensive type PG with speed that could score a little but I had no idea she was a non shooter with no left hand coming out of HS.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thank you RockyMTblue2 and BobbyJ.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mikayla's strength was her speed and quickness, but she was lacking a shot. Andi played some defense at UConn, but was primarily a 3-point shooter. Lexi was a bit of a tweener whose strength may have been her midrange game. All were 5'11" or shorter (Mikayla).

Saylor and Caroline are surprisingly similar to one another. Saylor is 6'2", and Caroline is close, maybe 6'1" or a little more. Both are extremely versatile--they can pass, rebound, shoot the three, block shots, handle the ball, and score inside. Saylor is surprisingly strong. Their wide range of skills will serve them well. Both shoot better than Mikayla and Lexi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom