Good read on Hoopfeed | The Boneyard

Good read on Hoopfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interesting, Muffet talked about UConn as a team with a spread of scorers but that ND strength was a level of defense ahead of any other team in the final four. Seems to me that both the record and watching has UConn with the top defensive prowess.

Reaction Score
Did Coach Muffet say that, HH? I read that she thought that ND's defense does not receive the recognition that she thinks that they deserve but not that they are the best in the FF. Their defense is good. They are:

5th in Scoring Defense (UCONN is 1st)
26th in Field-Goal Percentage Defense (1st)
3rd in Steals (25th)
20th in Three PT FG Defense (4th)

With their high steal count and their care for the ball they are 5th in TO Margin (23rd).

So, they are a very good defensive team but clearly not the best of the four. (Our free throw defense needs some work, though. Kentucky was nearly perfect from the line during our last game.)

Reaction Score
Hey Real Husky, are you a fan or in need of a diet? In any case, thanks for posting the link - interesting.

Reaction Score
Real Husky, I might have misread based on the paragraph and heading. Below is what I was looking at - "better than other teams" and in the context of a coaches discussion of the final four teams. No big issue - they're good (real good) but for tenacity and a smothering defense, they're no better than second in the final four.
On what Notre Dame does better than other teams
We take a lot of pride in our defense. We have a really determined, relentless approach defensively.

Reaction Score
Hey Real Husky, are you a fan or in need of a diet? In any case, thanks for posting the link - interesting.

A fan...well, I suppose I could stand a lose a pound or two...

You have made me second guess my alias. I now recall that my mother, in the pre-PC days of our distant past, used to refer to boys in need of a diet as being "husky." Now I resemble that remark.

Reaction Score
Real Husky, I might have misread based on the paragraph and heading. Below is what I was looking at - "better than other teams" and in the context of a coaches discussion of the final four teams. No big issue - they're good (real good) but for tenacity and a smothering defense, they're no better than second in the final four.
On what Notre Dame does better than other teams
We take a lot of pride in our defense. We have a really determined, relentless approach defensively.

Div 1 Ranking (UCONN/ND/Stanford/Baylor)

Scoring Defense 1 / 5 / 7 / 37
Field-Goal Percentage Defense 1 / 26 / 8 / 2
Steals 25 / 3 / 290 / 162
Three PT FG Defense 4 / 20 / 3 / 22

(Since Baylor has been added to the mix we had better list Blocked Shots per Game!)
Blocked Shots 29 / 60 / 34 / 1

You are right HH. They are all good defensive teams but UCONN is the best of the four. However, it is quite quite difficult to pick the next best, at least by their team stats.

(All of these ranking mean little, I suppose, but considering them does serve as a distraction as we anxiously await the games in Denver.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think that as her rebounding improved, she got moved down into the first position on the block and away from the shooter.
make sense... I'll look at some of the latest games and see what I see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer