Good Read On Boat-link | The Boneyard

Good Read On Boat-link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did not realize I was a member.
Compares him to Kemba. Talks about the fact he has a chip on his shoulder and is not going to be bullied by bigger players. Talks about his speed and scoring ability being right at the top of D 1 players. Talks about the possibility he is good enough to challenge Bazz at some point for the starting spot. basically glowing reviews.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I did not realize I was a member.
Compares him to Kemba. Talks about the fact he has a chip on his shoulder and is not going to be bullied by bigger players. Talks about his speed and scoring ability being right at the top of D 1 players. Talks about the possibility he is good enough to challenge Bazz at some point for the starting spot. basically glowing reviews.
I want to go on record that I deny being the author of that article!:)

Reaction Score
The season is taking too long to start. A battle at pg in October?

Boat is going to be amazing in whatever role he is given.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The season is taking too long to start. A battle at pg in October?

Boat is going to be amazing in whatever role he is given.

There are several ways of looking at Scot-e's article. In another article RB has gone on record that he recognizes SN is the leader for the starting pg, but he isn't going to back down in trying to overtake SN.

The best case for UConn and us fans, is that SN and RB are both fantastic and are both supportive of one another and don't care who starts.

The worst case for UConn is neither player can step up and provide the type of pg play to bring out the best from the team and that these two players are jealous or resentful of one another.

Proposing that RB is capable of overtaking SN is only a problem if the latter situation applies and not the former.

I'm not invested in one player or the other. I want what is best for the team. This doesn't mean I lack loyalty to SN. Nor does it mean that I don't appreciate what he did for the team in getting the NC last season.

I want SN to have the first crack at running this years team. He deserves it. But if it comes down to RB giving this years team the best chance for NC number 4 I have no problem with the coaching staff putting RB in that position.

I'm sure most people agree with this. The only difference is that instead of waiting 2o minutes to find out if we are DOOOMMMED!, some of us are jumping the gun.

Reaction Score
They dont seem like remotely similar players to me. Napier is a point guard. Boatright is a scoring guard who's going to have to learn to play the point. I couldn't imagine him trying to get them through half court sets at this point. I guess it's possible that he's the starting point guard at some point this year, but i'd be shocked if it happened unless Napier couldn't play for some reason.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
They dont seem like remotely similar players to me. Napier is a point guard. Boatright is a scoring guard who's going to have to learn to play the point. I couldn't imagine him trying to get them through half court sets at this point. I guess it's possible that he's the starting point guard at some point this year, but i'd be shocked if it happened unless Napier couldn't play for some reason.

I would say Napier is more like MW and AJP and RB is more like KW and JD. But that is purely a guess.

I'm expecting SN gets the nod as the starting pg. But JC may have to have both players in the lineup, similar to SN and KW, to get the most effectiveness out of both players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
nice article. love his demeanor and work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom